Is it true? John Denver asks any Witnesses to leave his concert!

by Witness 007 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

I have checked every tape available, with the Carson staff (they laugh because it's not the first time someone asked), and with Denver's staff, and jws who lived in that area. You would think they would know right..........They all said such never happened...remember Denver employed jws in his home, why do that and then kick out anonymous jws from a concert. No one cares enough to edit a tape. If the WTS is worried about their reputation, they should edit their publications, especially past ones.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Suspected show:

Episode dated 16 October 1978

Cast

Episode credited cast:
    Johnny Carson Johnny Carson ... Himself - Host
    Rest of cast listed alphabetically:
    Ellen Burstyn Ellen Burstyn ... Herself
    John Denver John Denver ... Himself - Guest Host
    Jay Leno Jay Leno ... Himself
    John Ritter John Ritter ... Himself

....................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Violia
    Violia

laugh all you want but a lot of folks saw that national TV show on which Carson asks Denver to leave due to this incident. The person who told me their friends were at the concert and were humiliated-- is not jws. This is easy, Carson made this go away. There are a bunch of us ( I guess most of us are geriatric now) who saw that show. I know what I saw. This is pointless b/c as far as the Carson show , I watched it and know what I saw. I was not at the concert, so can only tell you what I was told and what I heard on the Carson show that night.

• blondie
    blondie

Outlaw, Johnny Carson wasn't on that night; John Denver was acting as guest host. That means that it was unlikely they had a conversation together than night.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Blondie!..

It`s what was presented as evidence on one web site..

It`s all I`ve found so far..

I can`t find a transcript for that show..

............................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Terry
    Terry

Amazing what happens to people when they believe. Just amazing.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I saw that episode too! It was the same episode where:
    Ozzy Osborne bit the head off of a bat and got rabies from it;

Rod Stewart collapsed on stage, and when they pumped his stomach, drew out 2 gallons of semen;

Ray Kroc announced that he gave 10 percent of his McDonalds profits to the Church of Satan;

Gene Simmons stated that KISS stood for "Kids In Satan's System"

and Tiny Tim married Miss Vickie on live TV (wait, that one actually did happen...)

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I heard John Denver ask all JW's to leave the Rocky Mountains where his ashes are scattered.

• blondie
    blondie

I doubt Johnny Carson had any desire to protect his mother's sensibilities:

It’s 1989. Ruth Carson, Johnny Carson’s mother, dies. Carson’s way of telling his lawyer Bushkin is to call and announce “the wicked witch is dead.” Carson doesn’t go to the funeral. But then he didn’t go to his father’s funeral a couple years before either. “The only time I want to go to a funeral is when I want to make sure the [expletive] is dead.”

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i heard similar nonsense about van halen and other rock/metal bands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit