My first birthday gift to someone

by Slave4_38y 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y
    I bought my girlfriend a birthday gift yesterday. It felt weird. I'm 43 years old and have never done this before. Did I feel guilty? Hell no!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh I hear you man!

It is so hard to change ingrained indoctrination!

Enjoy life, enjoy love, and enjoy sharing it with your girlfriend!

• carla
    carla
    aww, that's nice! Did you know how to wrap it?
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I loved getting my birthday back and would love to give a first birthday present to my wife of 25 years. Enjoy the special moments.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

aww, that's nice! Did you know how to wrap it?

Here's how to wrap like a 1-year-old exJW

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

Ha ha ha Billy, that sounds about right. Carla, I had to re-do it about four times.

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam

I have yet to buy a birthday present. I have given a birthday card...so a step in the right direction!! LOL I am 44 and was df'd 5 years ago. The thought of celebrating birthdays or holidays is still foreign to me, but I am beginning to open up to the possibilities!

Congrats on giving your first birthday gift with NO guilt!! Such a freeing experience!!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Received my first birthday gift at 59...My daughter sent it at my office not to upset my JW wife. I started crying...work mates asked if I was OK! When I told them what had happened they were shocked.

Last week I was at a team dinner out of town and a birthday cake came to our table. I didn't know anyone had a birthday until the cake was placed in front of me and the guys started singing happy birthday NVR2L8..we usually pull this prank on rookies but the guys said they heard I never celebrated my birthday and they wanted to be the first to celebrate with me...awesome group of people.

• carla
    carla
    I have to tell you guys that when I talk to non jw's about jw's (holidays, etc..) they find it very sweet that some of you don't know how to wrap or do holidays and when you finally do they are all "aww, that's so cute! good for them! did they enjoy it?" and so on. It is an odd conversation if you think about it.
  • under the radar
    under the radar

NVR2L8, you have an great bunch of folks to work with! That was so thoughtful and considerate of them.

Congratulations on getting your first birthday gift, and also on having such awesome work buddies. Good on you, man!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit