Pope Bans Yahweh; Will Others Follow Suit?

by cameo-d 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cabasilas
    cabasilas
    Take a look: http://www.catholic-forum.com/members/popestleo/index.html

(scroll all the way down. There is a long section on Catholic Critique of JWs)

It surprises me that they are being so vocal and so vehemently engaging in religion-bashing!

That particular site is a personal site by someone who is a former JW now Catholic.

As for the "ban" on Yahweh....it only relates to the liturgy or worship service. A priest or deacon might well use "Yahweh" in the sermon during Mass if he was speaking in the historical context of the Old Testament. The fixed prayers and the songs of the Mass will follow the New Testament practice (and Jesus' practice as well) of using "Lord" or "Father" or "God" in prayers.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

As for the "ban" on Yahweh....it only relates to the liturgy or worship service.

I get your point, but I don't think you see the big picture. Just like when WT makes changes, it's done in small increments. And so, they will stop singing a few songs that has yahee in it. And they will stop making reference to yahoo from the pulpit. Then, little by little, "god" begins to become de-personalized. The question to ask is...Why? Because this means that the focus will gradually be on "something else".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit