Yankee Stadium

by coffee_black 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Wow Gary, you must be clenching your chair with excitement, just thinking about it.

I cracked one earlier this evening, about the conditons at those early assemblies, with the mud and rain etc. " Millions now living, will never Dry" You can have that one, if you like.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I was there. I was 22 years old and had been married for a year to a girl I had met there when I attended a few years before. She was from New Mexico the first time I met her. I really enjoyed going to those assemblies back then, well maybe some of them when I didn't work in some department, like cleaning. Her name was Jimmylene Pardue. Haven't heard from her in over thirty years, she divorced me back in 1973.

Ken P.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I wonder how many of these went Apostate decades later....I know a few.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Didn't make it in 1958, but I did attend conventions at Yankee Stadium in 1963, 1965 (not sure), 1969 and I think also in 1971 and 1973, the last year they held them there.
    I have a unique experience with Yankee Stadium. It was in 1971, I think. I stayed after the program to help with the overnight cleanup crew on the last day of the convention. We worked late, and were too tired to drive home, so sometime during the night I found a couple of clean towels, put them under my head and stretched out on a wooden bench and slept the night in Yankee Stadium. I'll bet there's not many people who can claim a similar experience.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We had "night guard" duty. I slept on the out field as a dare. I bet I was the only one to do that!

Seeker4 you are so right!!

• d
    d

I remeber hearing a brother talk about being in Yankee Stadium.That was back in 1958, I say to myself How could somebody sit their for close to 12 hrs in a hot open stadium.I thought 3 day conventions were torture enough

• St George of England
    St George of England

My Dad was there in 1958. There is the photo still in the KH (as in many KH's I suppose) but I still cannot see him!

He came back with audio tapes of the talks, Let Your Will Be Done book, Paradise book, special embossed souvenier NWT, news of sisters being on TMS and how close Armageddon really was!

He's been dead over 20 years now.

George

• Ding
    Ding

I had a friend who was at Yankee Stadium cicra 1950, fully expecting Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to emerge from the Yankee dugout.

Seriously!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit