News from Bethel Heavy

by cinnamon1642 224 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

CLEARLY< THIS IS PROOF THAT WE ARE LIVING IN THE VERY VERY LAST LAST DAYS!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Expect to find in a couple of years a new study article in the Private Edition of the Watchtower concerning the forthcoming organizational changes. Remember, we heard it here first!

Through the prophet Isaiah, Jehovah foretold: “Instead of the copper I shall bring in gold, and instead of the iron I shall bring in silver, and instead of the wood, copper, and instead of the stones, iron.” (Isaiah 60:17)

Just as replacing an inferior material with a superior one denotes improvement, Jehovah’s Witnesses have experienced improvements in their organizational arrangements all through “the conclusion of the system of things,” or “the last days.”—Matthew 24:3; 2 Timothy 3:1.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

That's no surprise they scrapped the Dumbo project--there was a alot of community opposition to that, and rightly so. Their building design did nothing to incorporate the surrounding community, effectively creating a "dead zone" in what's becoming one of NYC's hip new districts. It seems they wanted to build one more residential complex to turn another big profit when they sell it, but now it seems they're speeding up the Brooklyn phase-out. Unfortunately for them, it devalues any legitimacy they may have with the NYC populous--moving upstate to their sectretive complexes.

Back to the main topic: I'm glad to hear yet another verification of this big rumor. Their plans to phase out COs fits in with what they've been doing to "train" local elders in procedural matters at Patterson. However, something I hadn't heard is that they are wanting to keep DOs, and even expand their ranks by making the Districts smaller.

I agree that this new arrangement will probably NOT be popular among both COs (of course), nor with local elders. Some will revel in their new power trip, but who would be able to keep up their responsibilities? Elders are already having a rough time doing everything they need to do. And to sadle this new responsibility on POs, who not only have to run things in their own hall, but take care of their families, work, etc.... The whole idea is insane. You can tell it's not well thought-out. It's just a move to eliminate a hundred-million-dollar burden.

• heyfea
    heyfea
    • There will be more brothers trained to shoulder the responsibility of oversight when persecution breaks out.
    • Instead of having one “Circuit Overseer” assigned to 20 congregations various brothers will be familiar with the needs of different congregations, in order to care for these congregations during the above mentioned difficult times.
    • If a select few congregations became isolated for one reason or another, brothers who are already familiar with overseeing the needs of entire congregations would already be available to assist.

Exactly HOW will these CO's assist during persecution? Will they provide safety? Perhaps offer financial help?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

On another note: These new visits by local elders will probably turn into a really retarded, boring thing in a few years, just like the visits from the Service Overseers at the bookstudy. Anyone remember that lame "arrangement"? No one wants to hear some kind of "special" talk given by their own local Joe Bob Elder.

And three times a year!? Goodness gracious --it's just going to be the same thing over and over again.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yesterday I heard "There are somethings at the moment I cant discuss, but you will see changes". Could be anything I know, but changes they are a-coming

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Hey Tyrone, I remember these guys. My ex loved POCOs Crazy Love. Now I have her on my mind....Like the proverbial song stuck in your head....LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl1bG31U9Ss

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    The visit of the “Overseer” will begin Thursday evening. Another meeting will be held Saturday evening and the public meeting will be on Sunday.

They did away with the saturday evening meeting when they found out that no one attended. Remember the question and answer sessions?

I wonder how long the Sat evening program wll last? And will that have the god-awful post watchtower meeting?

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Exactly HOW will these CO's assist during persecution? Will they provide safety? Perhaps offer financial help?

They will doubtless provide much more than safety and financial help. They will provide Jehavah's people with the swift kick in the ass they will need to go out and preach and be martyred for Jah oops, the tower.

• Sunnygal41

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit