News from Bethel Heavy

by cinnamon1642 224 Replies latest jw friends

• still_in74
    still_in74
    V - Marked for reference

why do I always get excited when 'V' marks a thread??

• sf
    sf

Salvation will come from from Je Hoover, the vacuum that really sucks.

Brilliant! You should market this. Love it.

sKally

• sf
    sf

Just because they believe the end is around the corner doesn't mean they should stop all planning and activity and wait for it to happen. They still need to print stuff and keep an organization running...I mean come on!

BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ROFLOL!!!!!

Surely, surely, you jest!!!!

Print STUFF?? Hahahaha To keep a DEADLY, INSANE organization running....like a well-oiled Machine?

altaltalt

Priceless dude.

sKally

• yknot
    yknot

WTS... expect Armageddon anyday.....but plan like it ain't never gonna happen

WTS to R&F.... plan nothing and give all because the door of the Ark is closing!

• IT Support
    IT Support

tijkmo,

well i wrote to the gb with exactly this suggestion unaware that it had already been discussed and scrapped. but of course to set up this arrangement would be an admission that the present jcs don't have divine direction which is the reason given as to why their decisions can't be questioned.

Of course, just because they don't publicly admit there's a problem with the elder arrangement (maybe because they've been warned against it by Legal?), doesn't mean they don't know it, privately.

No matter what we may think of them now, they're not daft; more cunning like a fox ...

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

It's all very interesting isn't it?

Everything is going according to plan.

It couldn't go any other way though, could it?

The Oracle

• Mary
    Mary
    Jringe01 said: Actually Mary in this one case they are not idiots but in this case maybe you are a bit of one...Just because they believe the end is around the corner doesn't mean they should stop all planning and activity and wait for it to happen. They still need to print stuff and keep an organization running...I mean come on!

My point is that this is a perfect example of them having a double standard: one for them, one for the rank and file. Jehovah's Witnesses have for decades, been told not to do every day normal things, such as getting a decent education, buying a home, having children or saving for retirement. This was all said because 'The End' was right around the corner and to make any kind of long term plans was viewed as being 'spiritually weak' or 'lacking in faith', no matter how much you might believe this was 'the Truth'. Yet at the same time they're telling others not to make long term plans in this 'System of Things', they're doing exactly that. If they truly believed that the Great Tribulation was imminent, they most certainly would not be making plans like this, plain and simple, regardless of how practical a move it is.

And by the way, please do not tell me that I'm 'acting like an idiot' by what I said Jringe01; I don't appreciate your smart assed comment, nor was it warranted. My observation about the whole scenario was a rational one which shows their hypocrisy plain and simple.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I didn't read the whole thing or the other posts cuz of time, but I sure feel the pursecution complex building in JW's minds.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

wow, the first time I read Jringe01's comment I thought I must have read something wrong. Very uncalled for. And very good points Mary. A JW planning for the future- regardless of how practical- is seen as a lack of faith and spirituality. If a JW were to actively promote their planning for the future to others they would be counseled. At the same time the WT plans practically for their future. Using their own logic one must assume they lack faith and do not beleive the end is near. Or even worse, they hypocritically currently preach to their members that the end will be here any day.

And May, your input is always appreciated very much here. And I very much enjoyed your WT comments this past weekend.

• minimus
    minimus

All I know is my Mary's no idiot!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit