News from Bethel Heavy

by cinnamon1642 224 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty
    All good JW`s need to be persecuted!..

I have a suggestion to make , the next time a brother comes a knocking at the door , kick him square in the balls , he will thank you for it

At last the prophecy has been fulfilled

• rebel8
    rebel8

I totally agree w/Tyrone. I for one am glad my parent is getting one less assimilation session each week. Even better, the meeting eliminated is the one they've been saying for decades is the most important to prep for the tribulation--another flip flop to weaken faith in a corrupt organization. This was one of the key teachings and now they've totally reversed, a la 1975.

"why WTS is moving out of Brooklyn. Do they know something? Are religious properties about to be taxed?"

Those properties are worth a crapload of money, and this organization is all about $. I bet moving the operations upstate, despite renovations, will net them a pretty penny, and they'll sell a line of bs to the sheeples about a "simplification arrangement".

Taxation? I doubt that. Fundies are in the White House. They're spending billions of tax dollars on quasi-faith and other fundie stuff.

Do they know something we don't? IMO, doubtful. They are usually slow on the uptake, not ahead of the curve. Legally, their strategy in recent decades seems to be reactive rather than proactive.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Very Interesting. My parents are Circuit Overseers. I am not sure if my father knows about this, but just last week my wife mentioned this to my mother and she has not heard anything about it.

It is an interesting spin on why this is happening - to be better equipped to deal with the coming persecution. Sad that most JWs will actually fall for such BS.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The organization that we knew won't be there any more. No circuit overseers? No Watchtower buildings in Brooklyn Heights? Almost unbelievable.

I am intrigued by the upcoming change from two to three visits per year by this new "Overseer" who will report to the District Overseer. It appears the D.O. will continue to make sure things are running in the circuits as Patterson Headquarters wishes, and if anything --three visits per year will actually increase rather than decrease the amount of central control over the local congregations.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Ya Gopher, it's all about control. These changes may seem to relent, but, in actual fact, they increase their pressure. The Non existance of, or invisibility of watchtower headquarters is beautiful. These are people who plan.

On the the R&F scale, there is no plan. None at all. Salvation will come from from Je Hoover, the vacuum that really sucks. These are just minor adjustments, to make sure the sucking capacity, maintains it's central flow of sucking in stupid people.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Je Hoover, the vacuum that really sucks

• Quandary
    Quandary

Any news on changes with Circuit and District Assemblies, i.e. reduction in days?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This I doubt, (reduction in assembly days), too much of a money maker.

Selling of Brooklyn? Absolutely. What a great BUSINESS move.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

all makes sense

• LDH
    LDH
    Many District Overseer’s and some “Circuit Overseers” are getting along in years and slowing down. There is a need for several more suitable replacements.

Say it with me. They aren't "getting along in years." They are getting OLD. Yes, brought to you by the religion that promised you that you would never get old.

LOL @ Gregor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit