2008 Keep Yourselves In God's Love--PDF!

by Atlantis 97 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Wifekeepsmeinit:

Thank you!

Robert7:

Thank you!

Cheers! Atlantis!-

• bennyk
    bennyk

This is rich!

At times, we are called upon to withdraw our fellowship from one who has been a member of the congregation. This situation arises when an individual who unrepentantly violates God's law is disfellowshipped or when one rejects the faith by teaching false doctrine or by disassociating himself from the congregation. God's Word plainly tells us to "quit mixing in company" with such ones. * ( 1 Corinthians 5:11-13 ; 2 John 9-11 ) It may be a real challenge to avoid someone who had perhaps been a friend or who is related to us. Will we take a firm stand, thereby showing that we put loyalty to Jehovah and his righteous laws above all else? Remember that Jehovah places a high value on loyalty and obedience.

Chapter 3

Let's see now. I "quit mixing in company" with (i.e. 'withdrew fellowship' from) the Watch Tower Society when they were teaching that the Resurrection began in 1918, and the "heavenly calling" had closed in 1935, and the Governing Body serves as representative of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave Class" (supposedly appointed by Christ over all His earthly belongings).

Whew. According to the Society's own most recent publication, it is they who'd rejected the faith. "I done good."

• Dagney
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

Bennyk:

Thank you! Yes, those Watchtower quotes are "rich" alright! Rich in "rubbish."

Dagney:

Thank you! Your right! The Watchtower makes a person want to "barf", don't they?

Cheers! Atlantis!-

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks for the posting.....

Strange, the main body of the book is written in a very simple direct manner, as though to a readership of poor readers - but the appendix seems to re prints of older stuff from WT or Insight Book and is much heavier..

The whole thing though is really putting a dub through the mincer, telling him how he must live his life in the right way in order to be "in Gods love"..Not much to draw you towards Him though, rather to make one feel under achieving.

They will be glad not to have to study it on a Tuesday! If this is to be second study book - where did all the doctrine go?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

BluesBrother:

Thank you Blues!

Cheers! Atlantis!-

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

If I can get my hands on a copy of the Youth book, I'll scan it, searchable PDF. I have the latest version of Adobe and a scanner. If my wife and kids attend the weekend of June 20th, I'll have a copy then and will scan it if it's not already been done.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

the section on toasting quotes from the 1995 International Handbook on Alcohol and Culture and contain alot of ellipsis. Wonder what words they are hiding.

Can anyone check on this?

Here is the quote; it is a "Google" book that has been digitized. If the link doesn't work, just perform a google search of the quote.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ztzcZbRaKXsC&pg=PA81&lpg=PA81&dq=is+probably+a+secular+vestige+of+ancient+sacrificial+libations+in+which+&source=web&ots=AC9brk4-tS&sig=zm1n4cGoz4EuJs5SBGrPw4XD1Gk&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Justitia Themis:

Is this the one?

http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=15381887

Cheers! Atlantis!-

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Thats cool how this popped to the front....I was just going searching for your link to the pdf..

Thanks

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit