Some single older women in bad circumstances

by LongHairGal 53 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

I didn't read the whole thread, so fools rush in.

Why in the WORLD would a woman expect a man to take care of her??? Because she was taught that they would. Reality bites.

If you are an 18-year-old female in the Kingdom Hall and have no prospects yet, you better be looking for a good job. Not only do they severely limit your choices (yes women DO out-number men AT LEAST 2-1) but they set women up to be a servant.

The men act like they are the cock of the walk simply for having a penis. At the same time the organization emasculates them (keeps their balls in the freezer in a cool-whip container). The only time they are the boss is when they are at home with little submissive wifey.

Rant over.

I'm still a little offended because you said "over 40"

It is sad, maybe they should have used common sense?

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I can think of at least four or five "older" women in the congregation I attended and the one who shared the hall with ours who supported themselves doing housecleaning jobs. Can you imagine? Some of these women are in their fifties. How much longer can they keep it up? Another woman was widowed at forty and after getting close a couple of times, finally married an UBER creepy elder of about seventy whose wife had just died from cancer. As painful and difficult as leaving the dubs was, there is no doubt in my mind that I'm infinitely better off than those poor women left without options .

brunn

• dinah
    dinah

Amen, sister.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I know a number of sisters in this situation, 40 year old + virgins. Generally by 40 they are becoming eatten up with bitterness and so their prospects of ever finding a partner becomes even more remote. I swing between thinking it is their fault for not having the strength to leave, and being angry towards the WTS for manipulating their lives with lies.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I know a number of sisters in this situation, 40 year old + virgins. Generally by 40 they are becoming eatten up with bitterness and so their prospects of ever finding a partner becomes even more remote. I swing between thinking it is their fault for not having the strength to leave, and being angry towards the WTS for manipulating their lives with lies.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    ..Saint Oompa..Halo 2..Question Mark 3Question Mark 3Question Mark 3....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

I wondered the same thing.... A@G

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Cleaning jobs have really great pension plans,

WAIT ON JEHOVAH YOU SINGLE HORNY JW WOMEN.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I know of one sister who was single and waiting for Jehovah to provide a mate for her. I remember people giving her the dumbest reasons to hang on. I remember 1 that went Jehovah is still working on the perfect man for you. She stated that if the end didn't come in the next 10 yrs she will just have to do what she got to do. Sadly that was 10 yrs ago and she is still waiting in expectation(maybe Jehovah just fininshed up with his kidney's.)

• uninformed
    uninformed

The mass of men (and women) lead lives of quiet desperation---Thoreau

really sad for all of our lives that have been so wasted.

Brant

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Don't feel sorry for just the single women. Some of us were married to dubs and got almost completely shafted in our divorces. I am trying to support a 12 year old grandson, alone, without enough schooling. This is scary and fills me with anxiety much of the time.

I took a part time job and started this week. This is to hopefully keep gas in my tank and pay a bill or two while I look for fulltime work. My first two days I had lady managers who were very kind and pleased with my performance. Today in comes a new manager from another store. He was the worst jackass of a manager I have seen at any job. He was a jerk to everyone and he was especially a jerk to the new people. New people have good reason to make mistakes and be slower. If I didn't need the money so badly, I'd have told him I thought he was the most unprofessional manager I have seen anywhere and that if he was the leader of a country, it would be Nazi Germany or North Korea. I have to go back into tomorrow and deal with the man again.

I seriously think we need a haven for ex jw women who are trying to start over again. A big house or group of houses where we could pool our resources and help each other go back to school and get on our feet again. Maybe have some healing activities, etc. I have all kinds of ideas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit