Why I'm a loser & I don't know what to do to fix it...

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 104 Replies latest members private

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I didn't want to hijack DanTheMan's thread. So, I'll start my own pity-party thread.

I'm a loser because I wasted over a decade of my life in Bethel. I wised up and left. Now my life after-Bethel is getting very, very sour. In my current situation, I'm very much trapped 'in'. I'd like to just pack up, move away, and start over without any JW or family connections. But what's the point of trying again when I've already failed twice. I'm a loser and afraid to step outside of my born-to-lose life. It's not that I'm an inferior person. It's just that I'm a smart, funny, hard-working, successful appearing, LOSER. This thread of mine will probably even be a loser, not even two pages I bet.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Sorry to waste your time reading about a loser. I'd bore y'all with more, but I have to go and starting fixing another disaster in my life. G' Night...

Billy the Bummer-Outer

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

1. Grow a beard and grow your hair long.

2. Eat some Midols

3. Quit your pissing and moaning.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

[complicated hand gesture showing support]

Hey dude, don't apologise! This damned religion has damaged a lot of lives.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Billy the X... you're anything but a loser. You are one of the smartest, funniest posters on this board. Can't begin to count the times you've brightened my day, that's got to count for something at least.

You'll get there... one day at a time.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

we all put in some time in the org. I don't view it as wasted. After all, we have to fill our time with something, don't we? So, that didn't work, on to the next thing. I've failed several times in my adult life, failing again financially right now, but especially this time, I'm not into self-loathing about it. Just trying to create something else that might be better. If you packed up and left, where would you go? There are lots of interesting places in the world. Palm Springs, for instance!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Pack up, move to L.A., and do stand-up comedy. Ten years in Bethel ought to give you lots of material to work with

and I bet you would be funny as hell.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

and...I always like your posts!

• JK666
    JK666

Billy,

I know how you feel, those sons of bitches TRAINED us to feel like losers! It is not that we are losers, but they always told us we were. It is very hard to get that message out of your brain! If anything in our lives went wrong, it was because we didn't do enough, or had some secret sin.

Hell, I got kicked out of the club 7 years ago, went on to get two degrees, 4.0 GPA, AND I STILL FEEL LIKE A F**KING LOSER!

May we both get a chance someday to piss on the Governing Body's graves.

(I am not bitter)

Hang in there,

JK

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Move to Montana...get work on a ranch. I'll even loan you a saddle. Teddy Rosevelt did a similar thing in North Dakota...well, he bought the ranch but you get my drift.

Billy... sometimes you have to do "something" even if it's wrong.

Jeff

• lrkr
    lrkr

Dude,

We understand you. We put up with the boredom and drudgery of Bethel by repeating to ourselves that it was for a good cause, that Jehovah loved us for what we did, that it was a great priviledge to be so close to the GB, etc, etc. Now that we see the truth, the reality sets in. However, experience at Bethel isn't a total waste- likely it helped you to see clearly how jacked up the org is. Hang in there- you will find your path out. It seems like most do.

Lrkr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit