The Russell/Mason debate

by NikL 54 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

Are you refering to me Mad?
    I was not trying to say anything about illuminati, only that there appears to be some connection between Russell and the Masons. The preceeding seems to lend some creedence to that though I am having to take the writer at their word so really there is still no proof.
    This seems to be a hot issue with you. Why is that? You seem to have an ax to grind over this and get really bothered if someone thinks otherwise. Perhaps you can enlighten us and I again ask you to do so if it wouldn't be too inconvenient. :)

• chasson
    chasson

Hi Nikl

You seem to have an ax to grind over this and get really bothered if someone thinks otherwise. Perhaps you can enlighten us and I again ask you to do so if it wouldn't be too inconvenient.
    Well Nikl, when you make some research on certain argument of Springmeier for example, and you find that this is some kind of nazi's hoax, you have a responsability: You don't want that the Watchtower tell that apostate are used some stupidity from the nazi to discard "apostate". I think you have your answer.

Bye

Charles

• Kent
    Kent

NikL

These histories and conspiracies never stop, there will always be someone to come dragging them along for eternity.

The reason I think Mad mentioned the Illuminati is because the convicted criminal Fritz Springmeyer - he was convicted for drugs, I believe - and he had to use a lot himself - has published pages and pages all over the net about the "Russell Bloodline" - and this has ben posted here and on every other forum over and over.

I know it's a bad thing to mix facts with a good conspiracy theory - but this one is starting to get old. I have asked people here to read on my site what Russell himself said, but it seems nobody is interested.

Instead, it's more interesting what fanatics like Springmeyer says :(

Yachyd Da

Kent

I need the new KM's as they come! Please send me scans!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• JanH
    JanH

Charles,

Thanks for all the good work you've done in debunking this silly urban legend. People seem to know nothing about neither Masonry nor the early Bible Students, so anything goes when people fabricate a link between them.

I totally agree: such silly fantasies can only play into the hands of the WTS, who uses it to discredit former members everywhere over what a few loud airheads propagate endlessly.

Uncle Bruce, you should apologize for your misquotation of what Russell said about Freemasonry.

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• NikL
    NikL

Hi Charles,
    I don't know who Springmeier is.
    I think what you are saying is that for apostates to believe something untrue of WT history and spreading it is detrimental to us because they can turn around and say how they believe. Is this what you are saying?
    Again I never made the claim that he was a Mason, only that looking back there are some things that gave me pause for thought personaly.
    I am not out to convince anyone one way or the other. I am on a quest for personal knowlege and it feels like I was attacked by Mad. It kind of pisses me off when I was simply asking a question. Almost like going to the kingdom hall and asking the elders about the UN thing. :-)
    What I believe about the masons and all of that crap goes way beyond anything I wish to discuss here.

• chasson
    chasson

Hi Nikl,

I am not out to convince anyone one way or the other. I am on a quest for personal knowlege and it feels like I was attacked by Mad. It kind of pisses me off when I was simply asking a question. Almost like going to the kingdom hall and asking the elders about the UN thing. :-)
    Ok Nikl, sorry, but i have sometimes in the french's net the same reaction as Mad. You are true to ask some precision, now you have the two different views.

Bye

Charles

• Dino
    Dino

Chasson, ever heard of "The Sunlit Way" by Earnest C. Wilson? It was published by the UNITY School of Christianity in 1928. If you havent, I'll give you a clue as to where to find it. In any Theosophical library. Go look at the symbol on the title page. When you do you will see why I will never buy your Malachi 4:2 crap. Not talking about any conspiracy or illuminati stuff. The book I mentioned is rare but well worth the effort to find. While you are at it, research the publisher of the book. Can you say NEW AGE? It is no more christian than Russell was.
    Now Mad@Apostates will start his usual hand-waving and typical petulant behavior that frightens no one, and dont let Kent make you feel foolish for asking NikL. He used to hint at Russell being a Mason on his own website!
    It is a legitimate question to ask and when you start digging it is very intersting what turns up. More will come later. Might I encourage all to keep digging and dont let others discourage you.

Bye Dino

• chasson
    chasson

Hi Dido,

Yes the disc winged symbol was a theosophical's symbol as a mithra's symbol as an egyptian's symbol as a biblical 's symbol.

Never a masonic's symbol. The disc winged symbol on the kent's page is a memorial that i find in a masonic's encyclopedia.

This is a memorial from the persian masonic's lodge and it wanted to show the long time cultur of Persia with the Mithra's symbol. I must send it to Kent.

Bye

Charles

• chasson
    chasson

Dido,

Do you want to talk about Hermès Trimegist, for example ??? ;-)

Bye

Charles

• Dino
    Dino

Ah my french friend, did I say that it is a Masonic symbol? NO. Like I said , more will come later. As I have said before, you are going to have to do better than one-liners my friend! BTW i'm not worried about Russell being a Mason. To me it is inconsequential. Im looking into something entirely different.

Bye Dino

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit