Tennasee- Witness man preaching to Goth Satanist gets family killed!!

by Witness 007 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I really have to take issue with the title of this thread for two reasons. First, just because someone is a "goth" it doesn't automatically make them a "satanist." The old addage "don't judge a book by it's cover" comes into play here I think. That said, I also object to the wording "gets his family killed." This man did not "get his family killed." He struck up a conversation with teenagers that he felt needed to hear his message. While we may disagree with that message, this man did NOT deserve to be killed for his trouble. He did not know how that animal trash would turn on him, there is no way he could have known. Saying that he 'got his family killed' implies fault on his part when there is absolutely none.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Eh, keeping things on perspective, if it weren't for the great secular society we have, the Goth Satanist would have gotten much the same treatment from the Christian, and everyone would think its good. Let's just be happy that we live in a society where this is wrong.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Eh, keeping things on perspective, if it weren't for the great secular society we have, the Goth Satanist would have gotten much the same treatment from the Christian, and everyone would think its good. Let's just be happy that we live in a society where this is wrong.

• Satanus
    Satanus

And, where was the great j hoover, while this was going on?? Oh yah, resting.

S

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"B Deserter" they WERE Goth Satanists I didn't say all goths are bad.....In my opinion he is partly responsible as is the Watchtower. if I was alone at a rest stop on a highway with my kids I would not walk over to some Grungy Goth teenagers...I would lock the doors and drive to the nearest McDonald's..I don't trust anyone and I don't believe in "divine protection".his Watchtower mind set told him to preach to these troubled looking youth...instead of logically driving away to a safer place....they all got shot!

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

It is tragic. The Watchtower rhetoric often times clouds people's judgement, allowing people to approach people who may seem dangerous or to walk into unsafe situations. The magazines and JW legends are full of stories of people who do just so and come out as heros. The WT may say in it's defence that they never printed anything that explicitly encourages dangerous behavior but urges readers to "use sound judgement." "Sound judgement" to many people means - fear no man, Jehovah will protect you as long as you are doing his will - so, go talk to that masked man weilding a chainsaw, you just may start a Bible study.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Exactly! I'm very tall but if I see a bunch of grungy teenagers at the train staion I avoid them and move on to a different area....I don't offer them Watchtowers! It only takes a minute to have a knife pulled on you!

• shadow
    shadow

Women who dress wrong are just asking for it too. Several people on this thread should really be seeking therapy.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

O K - Careful reading reveals that this happened eleven years ago ...

Like B Deserter , I take issue with the title and the tone of this posting ..The father did not "get family killed" - the vicious teenagers did that - unprovoked and without a motive that I can understand ..

If you are going to pre judge everyone to whom you speak,then life is intolerable..I was a Witness in a large town and have been into all sorts of places and talked to all sorts of unsavoury charecters . You never know who is really going to hurt you. Punks and Goths and Skin Heads. - or the smart dressed ones ? Only God knows their mind and heart.

Eleven years later I have every sympathy for these people. At that time I may have done the same thing, so might we all

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I work with teens, many of whom are 'goth' or 'emo' or 'anarchist' or 'satanist' or any other number things. I also work with teens who look straight as an arrow. Some are skaters. Some are urban hip-hop style and like to think of themselves as 'gangstas', some are whatever!

I just want to say that you can't tell who is dangerous and who is not by what they are wearing, what they look like, or what music they listen to.

I've worked with some very troubled kids. Trust me, you can't tell by looking at them. And there are troubled, dangerous kids in every teen sub-group...even the cleanest, straightest looking.

And 99.999% of kids, even the 'goth' ones, are totally harmless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit