JW couple beats daughter to death

by saltiest 52 Replies latest jw friends

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

Hi,

Now I understand there are extremeist who will use the Bible to justify beating a person. This is a tradgic example of how an abuser uses the Bible to justirfy his actions not to see the truth he will be accoutable to Jehovah for them. The blood of those children will not be forgotton by Jehovah.

Most people who love the Bible or a religion don't treat their children in this mannor.

<A HREF= http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/christianexjehovahswitnesses </A>

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Mulan,
    After reading your post I'm wondering what the hell they need a liaison committee for if all there going to tell them to allow a transfusion for a minor because they'll do it anyway?! The parents could have done that.

This is not what these guys were instructed to say. I wonder if this committee ever got in trouble for this?

Now back to the original subject,

I don't know what to say about this story that hasn’t already been said.
    I get sicker when I imagine the JWs that will stand up and testify in this couples behalf!!
    They do it for molesters so why not murderers?

My husband was abused physically by his JW parents. I’m talking beatings not spankings!
    I just mention this because people want to act like physical abuse is uncommon with JWs. I've known of many many cases over the years. Its just death as a result that is most uncommon.

When our parents read a WT article like the one above they would crack down on us and we got our butts whooped with WT's blessing and encouragement more often for awhile.
    Sadly, I wouldn't doubt if this isn't what helped to escalate this tragedy.

Petty,
    My mother used to tell me the stoning story too and I used to think she would have stoned us if the society ordered it.
    This is a form of abuse too. Mental and emotional.

Ranchette

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

Hmmm --
    Too many stories that sound soooo familiar. Unfortuanately, there was a lot of physical and emotional abuse in my family. I couldn't tell what was worse, the emotional or physical. It's amazing that my mother used to tell the same stoning story. I wonder if that is a prerequisite to become a JW parent. Pretty sad. Pretty sad.
    Ofcmad

"Noah was a drunk and look what he accomplished." The Metatron/Dogma
  • Tammie
    Tammie

I don't know if any one has already said this. But to the JW parents who beat and killed their children. Perfect Justice will be done when they go to prison. Because they will get the crap beat out of them when the other prisoners hear of them killing and beating up their children.

• TR
    TR

I just have to wonder if the world would be a better place without religion. We would still have laws, just not some religious authority or book that gives wackos their "righteous" beliefs.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Just a question, I know nothing about this story, but the first post said that one found one of the Witnesses' books in the home or hall. Over here, if a person has gone to a meeting once, oris subscribing to thge magazines, the whole community considers him a Witness. Is this the case of a person having literature or showing some interest, or is this the case of a twisted Witness?
    Over here, the law denies the parents the possibility of beating their children; all that is allowed for, is a "slight slapping" if the child is below the age of three. And Witnesses comply with that, letters have been read, speeches are given etc., where we are told that of course we must obey that law and that that law is also in accordance with the Bible, that "rod" does not mean beating but instructing.
    Parents doing things as the article tell about, should not be taken as being typical Witnesses or commented upon by people here as "that's how those bastard Witnesses are", because they are freaks, they are abnormal people who should be disfellowedshipped long before such tragic events take place, they are in no way Witnesses. And, as one also stated, we find the same problem in many other so-called Christian groups, so it is a question of sick people, not sick religion.

• saltiest
    saltiest

Just to clear up something, I don't believe all JW's are like this couple in the article. I also realize that someone like them is definitely not right in the head and exist in other religions or ways of life.

I myself wasn't abused as many have mentioned, though I did get the nasty spankings until I was ten or so, but then again, I was a natural trouble maker.

The reason I posted this was because I felt it appropriate seeing as how they were called Jehovah's Witnesses and a scriptural reason was thier excuse. This may be more personal to me as I knew fellow young witnesses growing up who were physically abused by their JW parents. I also dated someone in high school who was repeatedly abused by his step-father, someone in high standing in their hall. Of course, no matter who we told nothing was done.

Personally, I think this couple should rot in prison, especially since I know they'll receive quite a punishment of their own from their inmates due to their crime against a child. I sincerely hope the congregation they're associated with uses all the shunning capabilities we all know and disfellowship them in a heartbeat. And if they were to use the couple as a very clear example of how NOT to disipline your children, even better.

My thoughts are with their other children who have possibly gone through similar experiences and are also suffering the loss of their REAL sister. I can only hope they are able to live with a loving family and receive the support they need to grow into loving human beings.

btw, I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and eventually I'll post my JW history and why I'm no longer associated with them.

-Alicia

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

This is the first post I've read here in two days, I went to the article and got totally furious....I wrote this to the Editor;

Subj: Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child?
    Date: 11/14/2001 2:12:33 AM Eastern Standard Time
    [email protected]

I am sickened and appalled at the death of Laree Slack at the hand of her own parents.
    One only has to read that her mother, a Registered Nurse and a Jehovah's Witness, bound and gagged the girl before her father, also Jehovah's Witness, beat her to death, and the credibility of this religion's tenets loom as extremely frightening.
    Not that this changes the fact that this poor girl died, but the REASON for this savage beating? Because a smock was missing? Did I misread it?
    Aren't these the same people (Jehovah's Witnesses)who repeatedly enter our neighborhoods and try to persuade us to accept their "brand" of religion as the only one that has God's approval?
    Maybe it's time that this religion be more carefully scrutinized by local agencies everywhere, children shouldn't BE subjected to this treatment!

Respectfully,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I hope they print it, I made sure to say "Jehovah's Witnesses" three times for emphasis, so it will stick solidly in the minds of the reader.

Shredded families and ruined lives;
    The WBTS has MUCH to answer for......

Hugs,

Sunspot

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

As most of you know, I live in Chicago. Wish I knew where the bastard lived. Not only him, but his wife too, as she stood by and watched it happen.

As some of you know, my sister and I went through this while we were young. Belt buckles, metal fly-swatters, extension cords, rose bush switches with the thorns still on. Nothing was too good not to get used on us. And we were always made to strip naked before the "loving punishment". My sister had a kitchen chair thrown at her once for refusing to cry.

Even if, in my wildest imagination, the witnesses did have the so called "truth", I would rather die a slow, hot death than live forever with the likes of them. I really want to know what the elders in their congregation have to say about all this and if any action will be taken.

They can't sweep this one under the rug!!!!

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• ISP
    ISP

Awful story. Would like some reaction from the local congregation or others to indicate the standing of these people in the witness community. They may have been studies etc. with problems that pre-date their WTS involvement. But if the guy was an appointed man etc....well this is a major problem for them. So I would like to know more.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit