What is the HIDDEN purpose of the Watchtower corporation?

by Terry 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bryan
    Bryan

Marking for later read.

• ChrisCross
    ChrisCross

I'm new to the forums. I have been arguing/debating with a JW at work now for about 6 years. Well, the latest topic of discussion was that of which this thread is about. My JW friend came to me and said, "the problem with all religions in the world is the collection of money. When people are involved, greed is usually involved and that is when you see church leaders living lavishly with 20 cars and a mansion." Of course, my repsonse was, "I take it by all religions you are excluding the Jehovah Witnesses?" I proceeded to ask him how many witnesses there are in the world and then how many currently reside in the US? He tells me about one million JW's live in the US and I proceeded to tell him that it is foolhardy to think that out of 1 million people in a religion that does accept "donations" that there is no foul-play involved whatsover. So he proceeds to tell me that the JW organization has a system of checks and balances from each kingdom hall all the way up to the top (the money trail) and that no foul play can be found. He continues to tell me that any average JW can confirm this. Actually, I assume this implicitly from the conversation that he has no reason to have any suspicion of foul play. Since of course I am the one who decided to take on the task of confirming this, I found this thread and find it very compelling but lacking any credible evidence. Is there anyway to obtain any bookeeping copies of JW accounting? I'm pretty sure this is a resounding no. I am left to constructing an argument based on, at the very least, compelling evidence which I'm sure will fall to deaf ears once I explain my findings to my JW friend.

So the questions I have are 1) has there been any reported incideneces of ANY jehovahs witnesses living off of donated funds for which there is evidence. I assume that any JW working in a facility does not have any other job and that of which is volunteer help for the Watchtower. So it seem to me if someone was found driving an extravagant car, eating at fancy restaurants, etc, can be used as evidence, 2) What are some hard figures on how much it costs to support a door to door ministry as opposed to having a dedictated TV station or airing over the internet or even mail correspondance? The real point I'm after here is the assertion that is made in the Jehovah's (Hidden) Message Revealed. Is it really cheaper to do the afforementioned types of ministry over door to door? 3) Has anybody done similar research for which they can provide reference material for? I would be really interested in this.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Chris Cross, I moved your question to its own topic. I am afraid nobody saw it here. It deserves to stand on its own. Here is the link

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/153653/1.ashx

• Superslave
    Superslave

The hidden purpose is to destroy the earth by cutting all the trees down make loads of paper for their mags.

They are the ones ruining the earth!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit