More Child Abuse Issues in today's Sunday Times

by snugglebunny 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    There's several letters from readers published today. There's also mention of another abuse - shunning. I can't locate the letters on the Sunday Times website, can someone else have a go?
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Tried to get a good pic of the article with my old iphone 4. Sorry that the quality is so poor:

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    It's under Comment > Letters and Emails, but you have to sign in as a subscriber if you want to read them.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Actually your pic is quite clear, I can read nearly every word. Thanks!
  • jhine
    jhine

Wow . It could do with other papers taking this up . I know that some on the site aren't fans of the tabloids but they are read by more people than the broadsheets .

Jan

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The tabloids are read by more JW's too, few JW's read quality Newspapers.

Maybe as more cases come to light the Media generally will cotton on to the fact that, relatively speaking, the JW religion has a much bigger Abuse and Paedophile problem than larger mainstream religions.

• flipper
    flipper
    SNUGGLEBUNNY- Thanks for posting this. I can read your picture just fine. It's an important message that needs to get out. In the one article it states that there has been " 27 Jehovah's Witness child abuse convictions in the last 4 years in the U.K. ". And the United States number will be going up in the next few years as well. Word needs to get out about the WT Society's horrid child abuse policies. Good job
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Ah - that's better!

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks snugglebunny. The update is apprecaited - Lovely and clear and appropriately hard-hitting.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...a culture of abuse..."

Damn, that's good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit