5 Tennessee Elders die in plane crash

by Nathan Natas 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Wouldn't it be a loving gesture if we started a fund to help these families with expenses? The WTS sure won't do it.

Although I wonder if there is some legal precedent that could be used to compel the WTS to pay these families who lost husbands and fathers doing the work the WTS appointed them to do.

• Mary
    Mary
    horrible life said: I am sure the Society, has a great compensation program to the widows. They couldn't take anymore from the families, could they?

You gotta be kidding me right? There's no chance in hell the Society would have any sort of a 'compensation' program to the widows that goes beyond this sort of crappy advise taken from the Awake 1971 12/8 p. 28

This resurrection hope enables true Christians to avoid becoming overly sad about the death of loved ones. They do not "sorrow just as the rest also do who have no hope." (1 Thess. 4:13)

Since these brothers were not employees of the WTS (merely volunteers), I sincerely doubt that they'd be covered under anything and I'd be utterly shocked if Crooklyn actually offered to help the widows and orphans out financially----that's just not the way they do things. Basically, these families are on their own, unless the husbands had a good life insurance policy.

Scully said: Wouldn't it be a loving gesture if we started a fund to help these families with expenses? The WTS sure won't do it.

It would. But the moment it was discovered that 'apostates' had set up the fund, the families would be ordered not to accept one penny of it, on pain of instant disfellowshipping. Even if the families were starving to death, they would be told not to accept help from one of Satan's minions.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I worked with Leon Rosko on a couple of Watchtower projects when I first moved into this area.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I fly "small planes" for Angel Flight and for fun. Small planes, well maintained and flown responsibly, are not dangerous. Crashing is dangerous. :-)

Thanks for coming to general aviation's defense as this is all I've been hearing from my JW relatives. While I welcome this shortlived interest in aviation, albeit for their purposes of jumping to conclusions about what those elders could possibly have done to cause such a accident, I have been flying small planes for 10 years and agree with your assessment of it's being used as a mode of transportation if approached responsibly.

Unless it is a catastrophic structural failure, most problems can be handled in such a way as to be able to get the bird on the ground safely. The bulk of the pilots I've run into that have gotten into problems were usually flying in conditions or aircraft far beyond their abilities, hotdogging and showing off, or they'd let complaceney creep into their planning.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Many of us still have family members in the Borg. These fellows could be our Fathers, Sons, Brothers.

• anewme
    anewme

Im so proud to be a member of JWD!

EXJWs are such caring people!!

The best are obviously leaving the org!

If any remaining are of honest hearts they will join us!

Im kidding of course. That aint gonna happen soon Im sure.

But we do value life, first of all OUR OWN!!!! AND WE GOT OUT OF THAT DAMN CULT
    AS SOON AS WE SAW IT FOR WHAT IT IS!

Im very sorry for their families. Now they will struggle harder without their fathers and husbands and sons.
    No help from the Wacktower financially for the bereaved families Im sure!

Anewme

• horrible life
    horrible life

Mary:

horrible life said: I am sure the Society, has a great compensation program to the widows. They couldn't take anymore from the families, could they?

You gotta be kidding me right?

Right.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I love this quote... "It's a tragedy, but they have the support of their commentates and a strong faith in the resurrection hope. They are dealing with it maybe better than most because of that hope," Uh no they don't. Every JW family who deals with death is exactly like any worldly family. So if you have a hope your family member is going to heaven you deal with worse then resurrection? Please. The question I have is if the WTS insured this guys plane? Isn't there some bit of legal responsibility the WTS has to these deaths? Not like criminal just insurance wise.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

How sad for their families. As a JW you are not even allowed to grieve in a way that your faith is not questioned. I feel for their families.

Leslie

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I can't believe my wife made this joke, "well now there's only 143,995"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit