Such a helpful book, "The subtle power of spiritual Abuse"

by Jay Elle 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jay Elle
    Jay Elle

This book was suggested to me. I couldn't put it down. It isn't aimed at any religion but it does peg the abuse factor within them all. If you have JW family you can keep the book laying around or underline key points and they cannot balk since it isn't apostate.

the authors are, David Johnson and Jeff Van Vonderen

let me know what you think.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse

"...they cannot balk since it isn't apostate."

They will approach it with at least a deep suspicion. It's a book that's from "Christendom" or "Babylon the Great". As we all know any religious book not published by the Watchtower is strongly discouraged if not condemned as it can lead to apostasy.

• Jay Elle
    Jay Elle

That is true. They will balk my husband did. I just said that if the shoe fits ...oh well. Some JWs admit that men sneak in and abuse the sheep and the weeds grow with the wheat...you all know the phrases. So since they don't have a book out yet to help the victims deal with the trauma of such wolves .....well they force me to read my therapists recommendations.

The book is not a recruitment to any religion just a healing reminder of the damage people do to each other in the name of spirituality and how Jesus positioned himself against it. I especially underlined the sentences saying, "The person pointing out the problem is NOT the problem "

i am going to leave it in the bathroom. :-) he won't be able to resist reading what I read and underlined.

• hoser
    hoser
    It is a good read. I picked it up a couple of years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit