New JW Bible at the used book store already

by jws 3 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

Couple of months ago, just after Christmas, I was browsing the Religion section at one of the local used bookstores. I kind of keep my eye out for some of those embarrassing JW gems. I've found a mint condition green bible there before. I remember a story from the podium back in the 90's about even at the assemblies beware! That wolves come in among us in sheep's clothing. That outsiders know how desirable young sisters are and try to find them for themselves. And a young man was at a convention trying to meet women, but he wasn't a real JW because he had a green bible (which by that time had been replaced by the black ones). So I always wanted to walk into a district convention toting one. Maybe the old pink paperback songbook too.

So anyway, there was one of the new grey bibles. Just seems like yesterday they were all out of bibles, and had a hard time getting them. And after months of speculation, out came the new grey bibles.

It just seems like too soon that these are winding up at used book stores.

I can only wonder why. Did somebody wake up? Or did somebody die alone with no close JW friends to will their books to? And some family member just dumped them off at the used book store? I hope it was somebody waking up.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    Maybe they realized it was just worthless rubbish.
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri
    Some JW is counting a large number of Bibles placed, by leaving them at the back doors of used book stores.
  • the comet
    the comet
    My wife and I love going to old used book shops and we always stop by the religious section to check out what old jw books they have. One store we frequent often had a ton of yearbooks from the 30's through the 70's and some old Rutherford classics. They were all overpriced and I didn't want them, but then one day all of them were gone. Since all of them were probably priced around $400 total for the lot I kinda wonder who bought them all. Haven't see a new grey bible yet, have seen a new songbook and many bible teach books though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit