"Read the bible daily"

by veen 7 Replies latest jw friends

• veen
    veen

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I used to think that on one of the Brooklyn Bethel buildings there used to be a big sign saying, "Read God's word the bible daily", or something along those lines. Well I went there recently and i saw a big sign saying, "read the Watchtower and Awake!" Not necessarily daily though, that was not specified.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

That's okay, JWs can get their daily dose of the Bible by reading the "daily text" - that way they don't have to worry about the passage's context and can twist it to suit their own interpretation at the same time.

It's interesting to note what you say. Thanks

• Gopher
    Gopher

Do you mean they took down that old "Read the Bible daily" slogan? That was there for a long time (whenever I visited Brooklyn in the 80's and 90's).

Now it's "Read the Watchtower and Awake"? Why don't they just add ".... and join our cult"?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Those are two separate advertisements. There is one saying "Read God's Word the Holy Bible Daily" and another one saying "Read the Watchtower and Awake." At least that was the case last time I went there to visit, but it's been a few years.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

neverendingjourney is correct. I saw both signs about a year and a half ago.

• garybuss
  • veen
    veen

Yep, my mistake it seems. I think there may have been something obscuring it at the time. Either that or I just couldn't see it because it was tucked out of the way down the bottom there, unlike the 'watchtower and awake' sign which is at the top for everyone to see.

• brooklynNY
    brooklynNY

Yes, "Read God's Word the Bible" sign is still there. I walk over the Brooklyn Bridge into the City everyday and have the (cough) privilge of seeing the sign.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit