How much does the WTBS make off of District Conventions?

by Crooked Lumpy Vessel 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

I remember an old thread about special assemblies and the pre-donated monies for the WTBS. But how much is raked in for conventions?

What happens to surplus money?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

CLV:

how much is raked in for conventions? What happens to surplus money?

To paraphrase 'Ol Ross Perot: "There will be a giant sucking noise coming from Crooklyn." .....yeah, that money goes to NY....damn straight to NY.

At least that what I was told when I asked the same question of the Convention Overseer. I later verified this to be true...there is no "surplus"...it all goes to WWW.....

SnakesInTheTower (of the "I Hate the Borg" Sheep Class)

• greendawn
    greendawn

How much they make only an insider could tell us. They always moan about the conventions being too costly and that there isn't enough money to pay for all the expenses so the dubs are advised to contribute.

Only they know how much they make after expenses are covered but any money left goes to the HQs for sure.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I know for a fact that the District Conventions are a huge money-maker. I worked in The Accounts Dept.

• Gill
    Gill

Feeling rather smug here as I never ever once in nearly forty years of servitude put a single penny into an assembly contribution box!!!

I hated assemblys. Assemblys were the place that I felt most uncomfortable and felt that something was 'really wrong' with the Society.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Feeling rather smug here as I never ever once in nearly forty years of servitude put a single penny into an assembly contribution box!!!

I hated assemblys. Assemblys were the place that I felt most uncomfortable and felt that something was 'really wrong' with the Society.

Roaring applause for the justifiably-smug Gill.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have an assignment for the sufficiently motivated. In Canada, tax returns are posted online.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tax/charities/online_listings/charity_listings-e.html

The following charities, I believe, manage a portion of the assembly funds. A comparison of income and expenses should give you the answer. If a charity donates fund to a parent charity (and they do), they have to report that as well. I'd especially be interested in checking the trends, say, in the last five years. Has the amount sent to Wallkill increased over time? How about incoming funds?

A portion of the income from these charity halls is sent to Wallkill, and they in turn send a fair chunk of change to Brooklyn.

Happy hunting.

CALGARY KINGDOM HALL CENTRE OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (FRANKLIN PARK) /139830624RR0001

EDMONTON ASSEMBLY HALL OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES /107282014RR0001

GREATER VANCOUVER ASSEMBLY HALL OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES /118946789RR0001

OKANAGAN ASSEMBLY CENTRE OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES /119065985RR0001

MANITOBA ASSEMBLY HALL OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES INC. /119030005RR0001

ASSEMBLY HALL OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES /119288918RR0794

LONDON ASSEMBLY HALL OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES /119288918RR0980

OTTAWA/OUTAOUAIS KINGDOM HALL COMPLEX OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES /132948746RR0001

SALLE D'ASSEMBLEE DES TEMOINS DE JEHOVAH DE MONTREAL INC. MONTREAL ASSEMBLY HALL OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES INC. /104695630RR0001

SASKATOON ASSEMBLY HALL OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES /119288918RR0749

• brinjen
    brinjen
    I know for a fact that the District Conventions are a huge money-maker. I worked in The Accounts Dept.

Scumbags! I gave them my pocket money!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

There is a formula that the accounts bros told me about that the assembly committee (the company men hand picked by the CO and DO) expects to bring in per publisher. I forget how much that was but it was substantial.

In the northeast for the 2nd year the DC's are being held in Assembly halls such as Stanley Theater, Queens, and Newburgh so in this generally affluent area the WT is making even more $$ since there is no longer rent to be paid to a stadium owner.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Ah - the forum for the faithless is still going!

Sorry to reck the wee party you are having here but, Jehovahs Witnesses are a registered charity in may countries and cannot just "pocket" peoples money.

If you do some research you could find out what the legal responsibilities of charities are.

I think it is always better to deal will fact, you know, reality!!

You do understand this concept hopefully!!! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit