Does eating a rare steak = eating blood?

by neverendingjourney 54 Replies latest jw friends

• homeschool
    homeschool

I had this question for my jw mother today and heard the "meat juice" theory. I'm not satified with that answer. Ohhhhhhh the hypocrisy

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Wow. The second thread I ever posted on JWD resurrected. It seems like only yesterday...

heard the "meat juice" theory.

If I ever need a blood transfusion, I'm going to tell my family it's not blood, just people juice

• homeschool
    homeschool

LOL! I like that!!! I wondered if you'd see that I resurrected this thread . I just went to "search" the topic on here cuz I thought I was the first person to ever think of this i'm so brilliant , hehe.

What are the verses in Acts 15 that say not to eat strangled meat? I just ordered Slaughterhouse...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I hope so because when I order steak I ask them to warm it up, thats all.

• reniaa
    reniaa

I think leolaia made it clear that a drained carcass despite the red juices doesn't have much blood left in it and God allowed for this. A drained carcass is a lot different from a direct transfusion of someones lifeblood.

The question is if this wasn't a life and death issue would you have any doubts that transfusions would come under the principle of the blood law?

did you know once you have recieved a transfusion you can never give blood ever?

You should not give blood if:

1You've already given blood in the last 12 weeks (normally, you must wait 16 weeks).
    2You have a chesty cough, sore throat or active cold sore.
    3You're currently taking antibiotics or you have just finished a course within the last seven days or have had any infection in that last two weeks.
    4You've had hepatitis or jaundice in the last 12 months.
    5You've had a tattoo, semi-permanent make up or any cosmetic treatments that involves skin piercing in the last 6 months.
    6You've had acupuncture in the last 6 months, unless this was done by the NHS or a regesitered doctor or nurse.
    7A member of your family (parent, brother, sister or child) has suffered with CJD (Creutzfeld-Jakob Disease). To view the position statement on CJD click here.
    8You've ever received human pituitary extract (which was used in some growth hormone or fertility treatments before 1985).

You have received blood or think you may have received blood during the course of any medical treatment or procedure anywhere in the world since 1st January 1980.

You should never give blood if:

1You have ever had syphilis, HTVL (Human T - lymphotorpic virus), hepatitis B or C or think you may have hepatitis now
    2You're a man who's had sex with another man, even safe sex using a condom.

For more information on why men who have sex with men cannot give blood please follow the below links.

Exclusion of Men who have Sex with Men from Blood Donation Position Statement: 12th March 2009 click here

Summary of International Policies relating to the Exclusion of Men who have Sex with Men from Blood Donation click here
    3You've ever worked as a prostitute.

You've ever injected yourself with drugs - even once

and you guys would have blood be a fine and safe product when in fact it is very heavily monitored because blood transfusion recipients have been dying in England from CJD and thats why English donated blood is not allowed in any other country.

When God tells us the life is in the blood he wasn't joking.

https://secure.blood.co.uk/c11_cant.asp

I do not know the american rules on this but they are probably just as strict.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa:

I think leolaia made it clear that a drained carcass despite the red juices doesn't have much blood left in it and God allowed for this. A drained carcass is a lot different from a direct transfusion of someones lifeblood.

My reply: Exactly. A drained carcass is still eating blood....a transfusion is not eating blood at all

Reniaa:

The question is if this wasn't a life and death issue would you have any doubts that transfusions would come under the principle of the blood law?

My reply: If this wasn't life or death why would this be an issue? People do not take transfusions as a recreational activity. This is a life or death issue- one the WT has no business involving itself in.

Reniaa:

did you know once you have recieved a transfusion you can never give blood ever?

My reply:

No, but that is not relevant to whether the bible speaks on transfusions.

Reniaa:

and you guys would have blood be a fine and safe product when in fact it is very heavily monitored because blood transfusion recipients have been dying in England from CJD and thats why English donated blood is not allowed in any other country.

My reply: All medical care can have its own complications. This is for the indiviual to decide. In many cases the benefits outweigh the risks.

Reniaa says:

When God tells us the life is in the blood he wasn't joking.

My reply:

No he was serious. He took life seriously, and still does and does not take lightly the murder the WT is responsilbe for by putting his name on a blood transfusion ban he never uttered.

• homeschool
    homeschool

I was under the impression that jw's are NEVER to give blood. ?

How is it that they can accept stuff that comes only from blood yet they do not donate it. Seems a little hypocritical.

Didn't leolaia also say that there's a scripture in Acts that states we should not eat anthing that has been strangled? ...and that many animals today in the slaughterhouses are killed exactly by that means?

Unless it is labeled "kosher", we do not know how much blood is left in the meat, correct? This is not an attempt to turn people into vegetarians, I swear. I am just wondering why jw's are so technical about certain things, but overlook others that seem just as important, according to the bible.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

homeschool...starting in the later 90's the WT started allowing fractions of blood, now all fractions are allowed except red blood cells, white blood cells, plasma and platelets...these are the so-called major components- as the WT claims.

This is an obvious attempt to lessen the ban and perhaps get rid of it in the future. They can not simply undo the ban due to potential backlash and legal action against them.

• Plummet
    Plummet

Talk about Straining the Gnat and Gulping the Camel

Or should I say

Straining the Fraction and gulping the Rare Steak

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"Meat Juice" my ass! It's blood or at least "blood fractions."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit