"The Bible in Living English"-1972-Byington/Watchtower--PDF!

by Atlantis 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Did it! Thanks Atlantis! I remember when this bible was released. I actually had a copy for many years. -Martin

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

FireNBandits:

Thank you!

and:

Tweety picture no.0524

Cheers! Atlantis-

• abbagail
    abbagail

I've still got my original blue Byington which I also got from the lit counter at the KHall, along with every other "outsider" Bible and book they published in those days (late 1970s, early 1980s).

The problem with Byington's is it is TOO BIG to hold comfortably, and the columns just didn't suit my fancy. But I agree and always thought myself, that the only reason the WT printed it is because it backed up their use of the name Jehovah, as did the big giant Jerusalem Bible hardback, which I also got from them...

Along with the green hardback - Catholic Bible - The New American Bible, St. Joseph's Edition...

And the very small print, brown hardback American Standard Version...

And the very small print, maroon hardback King James Version...

And, as was mentioned, Wilson's navy blue Diaglott...

And Alexander Hislop's "The Two Babylons"...

And the big giant writings of Josephus...

All printed, published, and/or merely "sold" by the WTBTS! ;-)

-------

In later years they didn't carry all this fun "outsider" literature any more... Wonder why?

-------

And thanks for the computer version of Byington... it should be much easier to "handle" that way. ;-)

/ag

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I know that in the grand scheme of things, it does not matter (but maybe it's my keen interest in family genealogy coming to the fore) but I think Wikipedia might be incorrect when it says Byington was born in 1869. If Wikipedia bothers to write a date, it might as well be correct.

In a pamphlet held at The Andover Historical Society, Byington wrote that he was born in 1868.

Also, he died at the age of 88.

Some might not know that Byington commented on the NWT OT in the October 5, 1955 issue of The Christian Century, page 1146.

A tribute to Byington appeared in the January 15, 1958 issue of The Christian Century, page 81.

I have not checked, but I read that there are a few pre-1972 references to Byington on the WT CDROM.

Doug

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Yep, you're gonna need some more ale to pass around! Downloaded and kept safely on my computer. Thanks a million and keep up the good work.

Cheers

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

abbagail:

Doug Mason:

moggy lover:

Thank you friends! You are always welcome!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• booby
    booby

is it to late to get a download of this since that link has expired??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit