1933 Letter from JW's to Hitler and Nazi Party

by kwr 60 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• badboy
    badboy

A COPY OF THIS LETTER IN A HOLOCAUST MUSEUM WOULD GO DOWN VERY WELL!

WHY NOT SEND ONE TO THE MUSEUM IN JERUSALEM?

I AM SURE IT WOULD BE APPRECIATIONED, A ASS-KISSING LETTER TO HITLER!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Ok I realized my post was rambling…sorry. Here are my questions:

1. Have any xjws been in contact with the National Holocaust Museum in the US regarding the wts-Hitler conciliation?

2. Does anyone have any further info about the grants administered by the nonprofit org I posted about above? I have read the threads in the “best of” folder and Googled. I also read their IRS statements. I was just wondering if there was more to the story than that.

PS-The museum's card catalog has a document printed from the wt's web page about their history with Hitler, so why not the rest of their documents from that period of time? I am in the process of donating those documents.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Thanks for posting this, Leolaia. I'd heard about it, but never actually read it, and I'd bet it was never in a watchtower!

The watchtower leaders of the day should have been thoroughly ashamed of themselves, and I doubt the current gb are thrilled at the prospect of this letter being accessible nowadays.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I wish a copy of this letter could be sent to the JW Jew in the "Knocking" documentary and get his response!

• badboy
    badboy

I TYPED IN HOLOCAUST MUSEUM,THEY ARE PERHAPS A HUNDRED MUSEUMS.

IF YOU EMAILED ALL OF THEM, I wonder how they would respond!

• rebel8
    rebel8

lol I can't do 100! I am starting with the main US one in Washington. I will let you know what they say to my offer!

PS-The documents I offered are found here: http://www.bible.ca/jw-hitler

• badboy
    badboy

THERE IS ONE HOLOCAUST MUSEUM IN NEW YORK,I AM SURE THW WT WILL LIKE IT IF A COPY APPEARS DOWN THE STREET.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

We thought we'd join in the fun, so we sent a copy to a couple of Holocaust Centres in the UK. I will post any response we get.

• kwr
    kwr

Ok Thanks. This document is not unknown by holocaust scholars and is talked about in the extra features of the DVD by a scholar. It is important that everyone understand anti-semtism did not originate with the Nazi party of Germany. It had been part of the European culture for centuries and Hitler and his men exploited it to attempt to eliminate the Jews. However the US Government did nothing about the prosecution of the Jews and even set up concentration camps for Japanese and Germans here in the US.

While you can find fault with this document none of the governments and churches in that era have unclean hands when it comes to anti-semtism and prejudice.

If given a chance to sign a paper release from a concentration camp would you sign it or remain? I think for most of us the answer would be yes I'd sign it to get the hell out of there.

• lrkr
    lrkr

I have a feeling they already know about this. When the DC Holocaust Museum opened there was a learning center with little blurbs about various aspects of the holocaust. The blurb about JWs said that they were an anti-semetic movement that was persecuted for failure to say Heil Hitler. Everyone at Bethel was "outraged" and someone (from Legal, Public Affairs...I dont know) paid them a visit and straightened things out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit