How many people leave the organization?

by indahsempurna 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nowhere near enough. And in poor countries where the Internet has yet to reach in massive numbers, it is even worse. For instance, too many people are studying in Nigeria: more than 450,000 studies where there are something like 280,000 active publishers. Unless people start leaving en masse there, we are in danger of reaching 7 million active Witlesses worldwide--another milestone that they would like to gloat about.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: How many people leave the organization?

All of them.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Oh well said Gary!,

Point well put.Millions now living are no longer in the org.

Why are they not living on a hillside with lions and tigers on the front lawn?

• sir82
    sir82

I did a real high-level analysis over the past 10 years. From 1997 - 2006, there were about 2.8 million persons baptized as JWs (worldwide). Over that same 10-year period, the average number of publishers increased only about 1.3 million.

I made the following (reasonable, I think) assumptions:

1) About 1% of the population of JWs dies every year

2) Those who begin to "publish" the good news typically follow up with baptism within a year or 2. Thus, you would expect the increase in publishers to closely correspond to the number of new persons baptized.

So, there were 2.8 million baptized, but the count of active publishers increased just 1.3 million,

2.8 million minus 1.3 million yields 1.5 milion who are not JWs any more.

What happened to them? Based on my assumption #1 above, about 600,000 of them died - but that still leaves 900,000 who either D-F'ed, D-A'ed, or faded away over the last decade.

So, about 90,000 per year, for the past 10 years, have left the org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit