JW Response to NGO/UN info

by Andrew Farrell 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Andrew Farrell
    Andrew Farrell

Greetings,

Following is the response of a JW to the information regarding the UN/NGO status of the WatchTower Society. It seems not all will see with clarity the hypocritical position of the organisation in this matter:

Andrew,

It is not the asking questions that is the problem. You are twisting the facts.

Yes, the Society is registered with the UN. It does not make them a supporter of the UN, it is a requirement that they register so they can be protected by the human rights umbrella of the UN. Without the UN acknowledging the Society, they can accomplish very little and have little protection from world powers who seek to crush the Society. For example, with witnesses being persecuted throughout the world, by being registered with the UN, the Society can appeal to the UN to use their 'status' to protect the witnesses human rights. This is a fundamental right under the UN's human rights legislation.

Just as the Society is registered as legal corporations in lands throughout the world. Your argument would have it that by taking this action, we support the governments in these countries. The real truth is that we must be registered by law. Just as we must pay taxes by law, obey the law of the land, when it does not contravene Gods own laws. By being registered, the government acknowledges we exist.

You know all this Andrew, and I am not telling you anything new. Like all apostates, you twist the real truth.

In my view, you are obviously not serious about wanting help. I suggest if the Elders did not want to help, that your actions or attitude spoke volumes as to your real motivation.

If you put the same amount of research into finding the answers as you have put in to finding these 'flaws', you would not need to seek anyone's 'help' as you put it. I think you are misguided, not confused.

The tone of your first email was not to seek help, it was to cause doubt. Apostates are the same everywhere Andrew, there is nothing new in your actions that is not evident with just about every other apostate I have known.

As to writing to me and suggesting that you are doing me a favour, please, don't bother doing it again.

All the information you presented is not new. Put in it's real light though, there is nothing wrong with the Society being registered as a NGO, based on the facts.

Just as we do not vote, there is nothing stopping us going to our local MP and asking assistance for a problem we may have in the community. By acknowledging they are elected members of government, does not mean we are part of their politics.

I will not reply to any more emails. It is not for me to help you in this situation. Ring the elders and ask them for help. As long as you are genuine and want to get back to the truth, they will help I am sure.

Please do not write again, unless you are reinstated.

XXXXX

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Frustrating, isn't it? I don't think there exists some sort of magic line of reasoning or some special issue that is guaranteed to open their eyes.

The organization is protected at all costs. Apostates are always wrong, and if they are right then they have 'bad motives'.

I would like to see this issue develope a little more before I'd use it as a preferred line of reasoning with active Witnesses. It definitely is an important piece of information though when combined with the overwhelming body of evidence showing the WT to be just another organization.

Path

• siegswife
    siegswife

You should point out that this 'human rights umbrella' of protection that the UN provides is the VERY PROBLEM that the WTS has with the UN. They have taught that the UN put itself in the position of GOD by claiming that THEY can provide people with protection of their human rights. It is ridiculous that they should go to SATAN's organization for protection when it is the very FACT that they say they DO provide that protection is what makes them SATAN's organization according to the FDS.

• JT
    JT

Andrew

welcome to the real world of dealing with those who are involved in high control Groups

i highly recommend reading this thread and and link to help you and anyone else get a better picture of why FACTS mean very little to believers

this thread and link put it all in the proper context of why it is so hard to show a person a ton of facts and they will turn around and say
    I DON'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WHAT YOU "be" talking about man

james
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=7798&site=3#92744

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Who's the jerk that wrote you that stupid response? You'll notice that jerks like this like to shift the blame on the so-called "apostates!"

• msil
    msil

Andy,

Ask him if he believes the society lied when they agreed to the TERMS of association then....

That's the same as saying individual dubs can register with the local catholic church if it makes them more effective in their ministry because they will be regarded as more mainstream.

Or it is like a dub attenting the Christmas party in their community - because it will make them seem more palatable as a JW and their message will be better received.

How many more similar lines of reasoning do they want? We can come up with them all day.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

This kind of response is to be expected.
    Don't be discouraged though.There are those out there that are waiting for that final straw.
    Some have already dissociated themselves and there will be more to follow.It won't be the majority.

This is reverse field service.Ha ha
    The road is narrow that leads to freedom of mind!
    Ranchette

• anewperson
    anewperson

To be accepted as an Non-Governmental Organization affiliating within the U.N. umbrella you must agree to further the “political” mission of the U.N. You evidently did not explain that to your reader at the outset and not for that one person it’s too late. But it’s not too late for other persons in the future. The WTBTS a year or two ago did put out an article saying it’s okay to vote but later at least in the U.S. in words rather than writing said it did not however apply to the U.S. In places like S. Africa JWs go to voting stations and may vote. In Zimbabwe a JW is running as Presidential candidate.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

From what I understand, CO's in the US (mainland, not Hawaii) received a letter from the GB that they were to read to congregations regarding the Question From (to) Readers, regarding voting. I hope that some CO will forward that letter to some of us so that it can be posted and provided to the UN's DPI/NGO regarding Watchtower's position and human rights!

• Seeker
    Seeker

Note the reasoning switcheroo your friend did in his own mind:

Yes, the Society is registered with the UN. It does not make them a supporter of the UN, it is a requirement that they register so they can be protected by the human rights umbrella of the UN.

It is NOT a requirement that the Society register with the UN, it is merely something that is expedient. The UN will fight for the rights of individuals even if they are not part of an NGO group. Think all those refugees in the world had to register first?

Without the UN acknowledging the Society, they can accomplish very little and have little protection from world powers who seek to crush the Society. For example, with witnesses being persecuted throughout the world, by being registered with the UN, the Society can appeal to the UN to use their 'status' to protect the witnesses human rights. This is a fundamental right under the UN's human rights legislation.

So what did the Society do before the UN existed in the 1940s? Without the UN, Jehovah is helpless to prevent the Society being "crushed." Is this what the Society has sunk to?

Now, here comes the switcheroo:

Just as the Society is registered as legal corporations in lands throughout the world. Your argument would have it that by taking this action, we support the governments in these countries. The real truth is that we must be registered by law. Just as we must pay taxes by law, obey the law of the land, when it does not contravene Gods own laws. By being registered, the government acknowledges we exist.

Aha, but it IS the law to register as a corporation, something that is not condemned by the Watchtower. He made a switch by giving an example of something that is required and not condemned, and likened that to associating with the UN, something that is NOT required and IS condemned. Not a valid comparison.

So either Jehovah is now helpeless against opposing powers without the help of the UN, or it's OK to associate with the UN and all those Watchtowers were and are wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit