Former JW-Masonic Temple being made into a landmark

by lonelysheep 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Good info thanks.........

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

It is not that uncommon for witnesses to use old meeting halls, union halls, churches. etc as Kingdom Halls. I know of at least a couple of Kingdom Halls here in the US that were formerly churches, and it is quite a common practice in Europe. And I know of a lot of former halls that are now churches. The fact that witnesses used an old masonic hall is not proof of any sort of collusion.

What bugs me the most about this article is that Witnesses put over a million dolllars into this bldg..so why is it being sold?? And, no doubt, after putting that much into it, the proceeds from the sale went to the WTBS, with the local witnesses again having to come up with the funds for their new hall...what a scam!

• done4good
    done4good

I worked on that building back in '93 or so when I did the RBC thing. There was rumor that an electric chair was found in the basement, but that could be just another jw urban legend. My sister went to one of the Paterson congs there, and was also married there in '99. It seems the jws didn't keep it long, but supposedly they sold it for $5 million.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit