divorce

by luffy 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• luffy
    luffy

dear clc417

your situation is similar to mine and I symathise with you..although one may come across as a soft numb skull I am sure you find as I do that it is not as simple as walking away when you are truly in love, even though thats what your head will tell you to do.

I do not for one minute feel or believe that I am am seen as revolting by my witness boyfriend..that he might be expected to believe that, is a different story..but from endless looking into and discussion on the witnesses, and in speaking to my boyfriend, I have become very much aware that a large part of this religion is based on the "expected" witness persona..and on the occasions this guard is let down the true person and his feelings emerge.

I have decided that whatever the outcome of my relationship, one thing that will remain is a friendship..having said that I am not prepared to give up on him. To walk away would be admitting defeat, and giving in if you like to the watchtowers "ideals" the fact that he continues to tell me he loves me and that I am his soulmate and that we will marry, is a small victory to me and although I have no intentions of converting, will leave it up to him to realise his conscience with Jehovah, God, or whoever cannot be played with the same dice as the manmade rules and interpretations of the Watchtower.There is no contract as far as I have seen between the Watchtower assosciation and God.

As I said..my way of dealing with it is to be the better person, to prove that my intentions when I divorced were not trivial..I did not seek a divorce to go out and "play the field" I divorced after 14 years of misery and because I fell in love, for that reason and for my own conscience I am not prepared to walk away..I am sure God would approve rather, of one who stayed out of love, than of one who seeks favours by running under a manmade security blanket!!!

good luck!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Luffy, it is your life and your circumstances and your decisions.
    We offer good advice, occasionally strong opinions that won't always be the best,
    but still mostly valid and good.

Do what you must, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE learn about Jehovah's Witnesses
    before you become one. Learn about their history and what they wil do to those that
    become one, then try to leave. Learn about current misleadings their members are
    not aware of.

If you want to pursue a relationship, and he loves you as a soulmate, YOUR DECISION TO NEVER
    BECOME A JW SHOULD NOT BE A FACTOR.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit