JW Talks Password Protected Now

by mavie 14 Replies latest jw friends

• mavie
    mavie

www.jwproclaimers.org is now password protected. I think there is a yahoo group associated with this site....did anyone get the talks before it was locked up?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

No I have heard and given enough JW talks to last a lifetime, no interest in the site.

abr

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Yeah, real smart on their part. How are we supposed to enjoy the rich spiritual food, meat in due season, that will bring us back to Jehovah if they password protect the talks. Damn hypocrites. What are they afraid of?

• Will Power
    Will Power

goes to show how sincere they really are about getting their message out. NOT
    another checkmark in the CULT column.

I'm not a JW, and I started listening to them.
    Looks like I'm stumbled now.

wp

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

My blood shall be upon their heads.

• mavie
    mavie

Well, there is a wealth of information there. The talks from the 50's and 60's are interesting. Unfortunately, the administrator seems to be fearful of the WT's own teachings being publicly available. If it's money ou are worried about, I'm sure some here would gladly provide bandwidth to host the data.

• lurker
    lurker

Same here. Had enough of those talks, and have give too many. They are probably scared that the Watchtower will shut it down so they locked it up. You know they wouldn't want anyone to get information that proves they said something different than the do now. They may loose a worker or two!

• mavie
    mavie

well, I received a rude pm from who I believe to be the admin. He first insulted my intelligence, then more or less informed me I wouldn't be able to access the talks.

it's unfortunate all that material is privately held, and can be deleted at any time and be lost forever. this kind of secrecy is part of the reason I decided to leave.

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

Boy, are you people stupid. You have to join the group to get access. And I am doing layout changes now. The reason that I set up the site is that there is so much focus on the Watchtower. I am one of Jehovah's Witneses,not the Watchtower. In none of these files, does anyone use the term "Watchtower Organization." The site is not about the Watchtower. I do not have Watchtower material on there. For that reason they have no jurisdiction over it. How is it that there are so many that are against and talking badly about Jehovah's Witnesses when you all don't even know about JWs? That is because you don't listen. But the purpose of the site is that all of you are so Watchtower this and Watchtower that, but yet Jehovah's Witnesses are much more than The Watchtower. They are just publishers of printed materials. There are no printed Watchtower materials on there. The purpose also is to have accurate information that was given in the past rather than looking back. Actually I passworded it because I am doing layout changes and uploads until tomorrow. But people are making alternate statements.

• mavie
    mavie

>The reason that I set up the site is that there
    >is so much focus on the Watchtower.

>I am one of Jehovah's Witneses,not the Watchtower.

>In none of these files, does anyone use the term "Watchtower Organization."

>The site is not about the Watchtower. I do not have Watchtower material
    >on there. For that reason they have no jurisdiction over it.

>How is it that there are so many that are against and talking
    >badly about Jehovah's Witnesses when you all don't even
    >know about JWs? That is because you don't listen.

I agree, some people don't listen. When I first came to this site, I thought all the people here were nothing but complainers. I saw many ad hominem attacks which are pointless in the end. Also, I was a raised a JW, so I know the teachings and lifestyle very well. I know what it means to be a JW.

>But the purpose of the site is that all of you are so Watchtower this
    >and Watchtower that, but yet Jehovah's Witnesses are much more than
    >The Watchtower. They are just publishers of printed materials.
    >There are no printed Watchtower materials on there.

I agree, JW's are much more than the WT. Your site fills in those gaps. Another reason I am interested.

>The purpose also is to have accurate information that was given in the past
    >rather than looking back.

Exactly, this is what I'm after.

>Oh, I do have the so-called "stay alive til 75", but I can not verify the
    >authenticity of it.

I actually obtained that talk from another source today. It would be interesting to see if your source is the same.

>Actually I passworded it because I am doing layout changes and uploads
    >until tomorrow.

Fair enough, but you must understand why some on this board would think otherwise. I look forward to the site coming back online and appreciate the service you are providing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit