Celine Dion sings kingdom melodies????

by unique1 46 Replies latest social entertainment

• unique1
    unique1

I just received an email that read:

Kingdom melody N. 54 sang by Celine Dion and George Benson

Follow together with your sing book... It's beautiful!!!!

Now, why in the world Celine would EVER sing a Kingdom Melody, I have NO IDEA, but it really does sound like her. Crazy!!!

http://www.mediamax.com/oddjoce/Hosted/Kingdom_Melodie_n_54_Celine_Dion_e_George_Benson.mp3

• Backed away
    Backed away

Unique1, hello,

She has also done one referring to the WBTS, you might of heard it, the theme to " TITANIC"

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Well I cannot open the link to listen to it. But I am taking that as a blessing from the gods. They are preventing my ears from bleeding.

Celine creeps me out a bit and as for George Benson, well what can I say other then I have always felt something was off w/ that guy. It is as if the crazies are getting together. Now all we need is the South Park character Satan to join forces with them and then the axis of evil will be complete.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

When this first made the email rounds a few years ago, there was an announcement in the "kingdom ministry" that jw's shouldn't be listening to "unauthorized" versions of the kingdom melodies and should not forward these files on to other witnesses.

Talk about control.

tall penguin

• unique1
    unique1

My heart will go on references the WBTS??? I never paid much attention to that song. I am not a Celine Dion fan really. Who is George Benson?

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Unique1....I think Backed was making a reference to the WTBTS sinking...like the Titanic!

• Backed away
    Backed away

Sorry for the vagueness,

Crash and burn attempt at humor, not the title but the story, TITANIC.

If you have to explain it, its not funny..

• blondie
    blondie

That was a story going around the Borg for awhile. There was never any facts supporting it.

Celine Dion is not and has never been a JW.

George Benson has been a JW (in and out) over the past years.

John - When did you become a Jehovah's Witness 1979?

George - Yeah, I got baptized then but I had been studying the bible many years before that with them.

John - What was it that helped you find that faith?

George - Oh yeah, years ago one of my cousins was killed in a gang fight, he was just a kid he was sixteen years old and that was the biggest tragedy for me at that point in my life because I grew up with him. Our mothers were sisters, we lived in the same household and we were raised together and he was a protector for me when I grew up because he was such a tough kid you know. His mother would tell him that it would get him in trouble one day because he loved to fight and finally somebody couldn't stand to get beat up and they killed him and that was a tremendous tragedy and it was then that we started looking for answers and the only satisfying answers to where life was going was found in the bible. My mother was always a bible person anyway she had been taking me to many different kinds of churches since I was a little boy and she found God's name and that was the thing that made me become a Jehovah's Witness. They knew God's name. They showed that to us in the bible. That was the great difference that made the difference for me.

John - I love talking to people about their faith and where they came from, how they found it and why it works for them and you had checked out many different churches via your mother.

George - Yeah, for me it answered a lot of my questions about life and another thing about going to different churches was I got a chance to see how other people think so none of that was wasted. I had a chance to see what motivated other people so the value was still there. My mother took me to all these different places to learn about religion in general and for me the thing that I was looking for was found with the Jehovah's Witnesses. They are very demanding in that they stick to bible principles and they do not waiver from it. I like that about them more than anything else.

John - We have an Autistic daughter and one of our former therapists was a J.W. and she told me once that one of the things that really works for her is how structured and clear the religion is.

George - That's right and it has a goal and it sets out the goal very clearly. There is that goal in the bible and what the bibles all about, it's not just about some nice words written down, it has a purpose and it's clear and we head towards that goal, all six million of us around the world. You know, I know what a Jehovah's Witness is thinking around the world in Africa or in Russia. We all have the same outlook and we study the same thing every week.

John - Do you enjoy that kinship?

George - Yes, it's a big family

http://www.smoothjazznow.com/interview_george_benson_2_2005.htm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2099-1845723,00.html

• unique1
    unique1

Sorry, I didn't get the joke. It is very hard to convey sarchasm through typing media sometimes. My bad.

Thanks blondie.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I read somewhere that it wasn't Celine Dion, but someone else. I know that George Benson did release cover(s) of Kingdom Melodies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit