Who is Philip Brumley?

by Honesty 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Yep, Phil Brumley is the same Richard Cranium who is involved with other faiths when it is to the Watchtower's advantage.

What a flock of hypocrites and liars.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Can you tell me where you found the letter from this attorney? Thanks! FreeChick

Just GOOGLE "Philip Brumley" and Jehovah's Witnesses" and you can read all about the dirtbag.

• Neo
    Neo

Brumley is the head of Bethel's Legal Department. He is blindly obedient to the GB higher-ups and that's the reason he's there. I think his Law School was paid by the WT. The guy has got everything paid for since he is a Bethelite, but doesn't have money of his own. He is completely dependant on the Watchtower. Even if he has seen the light about the org (which I seriously doubt), he doesn't have much of a choice - he's stuck and probably can't think of any other kind of life. His energy is drained by all the assignments he is given by the GB and his wife suffers because of that. That's it - the WT wants people who can serve them unconditionally. If you've got that, you'll make it to the top.

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

I found the following information from the New York State Bar Association Website, info for Philip Brumley; in addition, I learned through a google search that he was born in 1956, so he is 50 years old. If my math is right, he was 32 when he graduated law school. There is no information given about where he earned his undergraduate degree or when.

Attorney Detail

as of 11/11/2006
    Registration Number:2224871
    PHILIP BRUMLEY
    WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK INC.
    100 WATCHTOWER DR
    PATTERSON, NY 12563-2232
    United States
    (845) 306-0700
    Year Admitted in NY:1988
    Appellate Division Department of Admission:2
    Law School:BROOKLYN
    Registration Status:Currently registered
    Next Registration:

Jan 2008

• Gadget
    Gadget
    " By law minors cannot enter into legally binding contracts. Therefore by law, people who got baptized when they were children have a third legally enforceable option when they leave: to simply quit, without disassociating and without submitting to a judicial committee, or "ecclesiastical tribunal."

This would apply if they decided to leave while still a minor, but if they had lived as an adult following the rules wouldn't that show they tacitly accepted the contract while an adult also?

• Gill
    Gill

Neo - So Brumley lives in luxury, the WTBTS and its minions pay for it, and he has something of a miserable marriage........(not that uncommon amongst a lot of people).

I can imagine that he is worked like a donkey by the higher ups, but he does get a say in what is going on in the Watchtower.

Some people love power more than money!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

This idea of minors not being legally responsible applying to leaving WT is intriguing. Has anyone actually tried this?

tsof

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Some people love power more than money

Danny Haszard sez's-Its all about the cult trifecta of the 3 "P's" they are Power Prestige Pu%%y

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

If this is true about child baptisms we should be working to spread the word on this as much as possible.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

If this is true about child baptisms we should be working to spread the word on this as much as possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit