Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York

25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, 11201

718-560-5000

www.jw-media.org

Revenue: $951 million

Industry: Publishing

President: Milton Henshel

Employees: 3,415

It takes a lot of printing to supply more than 6 million Jehovah's Witnesses with the materials for their ministry. One publication, Watchtower, now has an average print run of 23 million copies twice per month, an increase of 7.5 percent over last year.

"Our report for the year is different from a Wall Street company," said vice president George Couch. Indeed, the company's employees are volunteers who live and work in the Brooklyn complex.

. http://www.newsday.com/business/printedition/ny-cvtop52369349sep17.story?coll=ny%2Dbusiness%2Dprint

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I wonder what they do with all that money that they make. Does anybody have any ideas?

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• outnfree
    outnfree

Did I read that correctly?!!!

24th on a list of the TOP 40 NYC Corporations -- up there with the likes of Hearst and Trump and several BIG name investment, accounting, and insurance firms?

And done with "slave" labor, too!

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thank Kent for posting this. Some years ago I obtained a corporate credit report showing the Society with $1.4 Billion in revenue. A couple of years later I received another report that their income was $1.2 Billion. Now several years after that, their income-revenue is $951 Million.

Since all these are USA figures, it does suggest a decline. Altough I believe that when the Society sets up printing and distribution operations in a country, the revenue shifts to that branch. If this is the case the Society may well have a similar income to its earlier reports, but now simply spread abroad.

What do you make of this?: I find it fascinating that the Society now allows itself to be noted on a report like this, as they used to shy completely away from these types of exposure. Also, they are shown on the list of "non-government" organizations having a relationship with the UN. Again, I am surprised at the exposure and any connection with an organization they once condemned as the Image of the Wild Beast. Thanks again for this. - Amazing

• ladonna
    ladonna

Kent,

Thankyou for posting all the info that you do. This was particularly interesting as I have always wanted to know how much money is in the ORG..........well....whew.........where does it all go???????

Ana

ps.....Kent, I like researching, but what are BOE letters and things that you are looking for.......I am a search engine freak!!!

• Eusebius Hieronymus
    Eusebius Hieronymus

Please bear in mind that this is a "corporate" report for ONLY
    the Watchtower Society of New York, which publishes magazines, books and the like. Kent is quite right in noting this is SALES revenue, possibly not up to date because it lists Milton Henschel as president rather than Max Larson. This is the revenue they LET you see. They have been masters at hiding money, for a very long time.

Remember that the Watch Tower Society of Pennsylvania has considerable revenue from a number of sources, including convention "contributions." I believe Expatbrit posted some specifics awhile back.

Someone ought to put all the figures together for BOTH corporations.

As to Jayhawk's question, let it be noted the Society has been extremely inefficient, despite the stories to the contrary. Maximus has quoted George Couch as saying "one half the Bethel family supported the other half." They've been chopping away at costs for over a year now, all over the world. They were extremely cash rich for awhile. While they made a killing when the U.S. market was in its heyday, they also experienced its losses. Insiders have reported the Society has been very good at hiding money.

Expect to see increased calls for "relief" donations.

Has anyone pictured the Brooklyn Boyz in Money yesterday? Which stocks did they sell? One they will hang onto is Biopure, maker of Hemopure. "Cow's blood--not just for pagans any more."

• Nomen Clature
  • roybatty
    roybatty

ladonna,

I think BOE mean "bobdy of elders" letters which are letter from Brooklyn Headquarters to the local congregations but for only the elders to read.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

thats it...no more contributions from me..
    they dont need it

• ladonna
    ladonna

Roybatty,
    Thanks for that........I don't think I will have much of a chance to get my hands on those..but one never knows.....
    Ana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit