Pictures from "The Grave"

by monkeyshine 20 Replies latest jw friends

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

I visited Pittsburgh over the weekend and I had to see this for myself. It was kind of weird though once I got there. It didn't feel like I thought it would. It was more like I was at the funeral. There are Mason symbols on many of the graves in the cemetery...including this one.

altalt

• Sasha
    Sasha

In a reference book I got from the library "New Religions and Cults" There was an entire chapter on Masons and how they are a cult. Interesting pix.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Nice pic. I once tried to "argue" the point with some modern day bible students that the pyramids are from the occult and not mentioned in the bible but to no avail. They twist the scriptures not reading them completely in their context to prove that the bible does mention pyramids. My hubby and I went to some of their meetings and they have the chart from the divine plan of the ages by Russell with the pyramid on it and its chambers. It is so weird and ridiculous. I think sometimes some of the BS groups are even more brainwashed than the Witnesses.

Anyway, my hubby and I quickly stopped associating with them as they are too similiar to the Witnesses. All everyone does is quote Russell or the volumes. They don't use the bible either or pull out one verse and do not read the surrounding texts.

It surprising me thought how many JW's leave the org. and become BS. I know of several who have done this. You would think they would learn their lesson the first time.

I NOW read everything in its entirety! Learned my lesson, Lilly

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing, monkeyshine. How tall is that gravestone?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Monkeyshine,

My god man, what size shoe do you wear, your feet look like stumps!

Funny what people notice. Maybe its because the pyramid is so big next to you.

W.Once

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's pretty obvious that this cemetary has masonic connections, there is a masonic temple just behind and there is no fence between the two, it is one compound. The temple was however built long after Russell was buried there.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

thanks for posting those monkeyshine, especially the detail one.

I just read that caption on the second pic - does 'dead with Christ' mean the masons don't believe Christ rose? Or does it mean 'dead (and) with Christ'?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Thank you for posting these!

I was wondering the same thing, sad emo.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't think the masons believe the Christ that Christians believe, to them everything has a value that's different to the face value to them Christ, God, saint, baptism etc means something totally different.

• VM44
    VM44

The Pyramid looks like it has had new grouting applied to it.

Make one wonder if it has been opened up.

When it was first put in place, the pyramid contained a time capsule of sorts containing the works of C.T. Russell.

The pyramid probably has been opened and everything that was inside removed, hence my comment about the new looking grout that can be seen in the photo.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit