Why do Jehovah's Witnesses churches have no windows?

by Kenneson 43 Replies latest jw friends

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Windows cost more money than regular exterior treatment.

Windows require more skill from the framer/block layer

Windows require blinds or other covering after they are installed.

Nothing more than a cost consideration

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Its so the kids cant watch the smurfs playing in the parking lot!

• undercover
    undercover

With all of the real issues surrounding the WTS and JWs, such as the child abuse scandal, the ever changing blood policy, the prostitution with the UN, the false predictions, the shunning of former members, etc, etc, etc... I wonder why the subject of why KHs (or more correctly, why some KHs) don't have windows gets so much attention?

Why do Catholic churches have stained glass windows? Why do Protestant churches have steeples?

• blondie
    blondie

(smile)

undercover, Irreverent and I were saying the same thing, that the WTS has issues more serious than why KH have windows or not. Maybe it's just a way of relieving the stress, a little fluff.

Blondie

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I had a person accuse us of having no windows because we didn't want anyone to see that we were'nt allowed to sit down! Her pastor told her that.

The same person answered the question, "where do we go when we die?" with, "I go to heaven but you go to the kingdom hall when you die."

Fair enough.

W.Once

• undercover
    undercover
    Maybe it's just a way of relieving the stress, a little fluff.

I guess it could fall under the "fluff" category. Maybe I'm in a cranky mood today

• Mulan
    Mulan
    think I heard the general rule that halls in the US after the 60's don't have windows. Mine does, because it was built in '56. Right about now I could do without the sun in my eyes at dusk...

Our KH was built in the 50's too, but when they did the big remodel in 1993, they eliminated the windows. Much cheaper to build, no window treatments, curtains or shades needed and less distractions, were the reasons we were given for that step.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Here's a hall with no windows. It kinda looks like the one in my town and in my husbands hometown.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why?..So no one jumps!..Some people just can`t take WBTS BS for too long and they want to end it right there.."Nail the Friggin Windows shut,we`er gonna lose another one!!"....Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!...OUTLAW

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

That building looks so depressing without windows. It looks cheap and fast to build. Nothing creative about it at all, just a box with doors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit