District Overseer put out to pasture with no $$$ - sad

by Dogpatch 167 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Juni, about 10 years ago I think.

• wednesday
    wednesday

What also is sad is the R&F will never know this. They won't realize that the wts does this to the older people. Mostly b/c the older ones have some pride and some many not want to cause the wts a problem. They may be afraid to talk about it and beng labeled an apostate,or ungrateful to jah. Of course most of the elders will know, and those with family at bethel and people with good connections. but for the rest of us-we won't know this and we just keep ploding away and encourage our children to go to Bethel or pioneer.

The word needs to get around to all jws what happens to the older bro/siters. It could happen to them. If they only knew what is being kept from them.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I remember the Emschoff's. We had them briefly in our circuit in Indiana when I was a kid. They were well liked, and people were sorry to see them moved so soon. Seems like the wife went by "Emmy" but I can't remember...

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Just saw Blondie's post, that he wasn't married? Wonder who "Emmy" is, that I am thinking of... I also remember Calvin and Arlene Hargus from around the same period, and the Schraders, wife's name was "Carmie." Some suck-ups named their baby girl after her. Wonder what ever became of them, on Paradise Pension Plan?

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

oh boohoo. if this guy was still a co/do and i was being counsuled by him and told him this sad tale about myself and my "secular" employment, he would tell me the solutions to "my" problems are 5 meetings a week and as much field service as i could take. he got his glory by spending his life as an overlord overseer. life happens to us all and i'm glad he has to spend some time in my world. i think they all should. i know people who have spent 40 years in the borg and noone has ever bought them a tank of gas, much less a car.

just because he has gotten too old to continue doing the damage he has done for 40 years i'm supposed to feel sorry for him? because the corperation he spent 40 years screwing others for, screwed him? that is silly.

j2s of the no pity/no shame and the let us hope that someday we all get what we deserve classes

• moshe
    moshe

I don't feel sorry for this old DO. I wonder how many disfellowshipings he sat in on over the years? How many talks on shunning he gave ?- how many parents with a sick/injured child he counseled to follow the Society's blood transfusion ban and then gave the talk at the funeral? The man has plenty of bloodguilt to answer for. He was just a paid thug for WT headquarters - his nice smile and pleasant manner makes him even more evil in my book.

• garybuss
    garybuss

A district servant told me once in a condensing tone, "A worker receives his due."

• blondie
    blondie
    Just saw Blondie's post, that he wasn't married? Wonder who "Emmy" is, that I am thinking of...

He has a brother who is married and lives in Florida (hey they could be dead too, it's been 10 years). But the DO here, last name Emshoff, was not married, had always been single. Of course, he could have married in the last 10 years.

Blondie

• Iforget
    Iforget

Wow what a blast from the past. Here's my two brushes with him and you all debate it....

1. He played with my hair and openly flirted with me at a dinner with my elder father and other elders. No one did anything and in fact I am pretty sure my mother would have loved it had I married the old guy.

2. When the body of elders abused me during a judical comittee this man stood up for me. He took on the entire body and was enraged over their questions (did you orgasm?) and took them all to task. It was the first time in years that a brother in charge had taken my side and had my back.

Did he do it for the right reasons? I don't know. But he made them back the hell off and took them to task for being unkind and unreasonable. I will never forget him for that. He was never married and the Emmy you speak of is his sister.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Iforget, for the clarification.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit