by Terry 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

before I get to highschool

before I die

A con job.

• heathen
    heathen

Yah they oughta use the phrase --- Just after you leave .... LOL just to put another scare into everybody that's on their way out ..... soon after you've spent your entire life selling magzines and being treated like crap ... OHH forget it , how about the second resurrection and having you're name in the book of life ? Sound good to you ? I mean that is what actually happens to most faithful christians anyway .

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Compare these two texts:

"Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand (ho kairos eggus estin)...I am coming quickly (takhu), and I will reward every man according to what he has done. I am (egó eimi) the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end" (Revelation 22:10, 12-13)
    "See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in my name, saying, 'I am he' (egó eimi) and 'The time is at hand' (ho kairos éggiken). Do not go after them" (Luke 21:8).
  • Severus
    Severus

Great comparison Leolaia!

Jesus warned us not to listen to old fruits on Patmos.

• Pole
    Pole

The frequent use of the word 'soon' throughout WTS literature truly indicates that we are living in the very final part of the end of the last days.

Seriously, I guess you can stretch the meaning of 'soon' to mean anything you like, because like most time expressions there is an underlying spacial metaphor (that's how we conceive of time, most of the time ;@) ). So you can always apply a conceptual magnifying glass to make a seemingly short "distance" look longer.

Ad infinitum.

Pole

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Interesting Leo,

The title for Studies in the Scriptures, Series II was The Time Is At Hand.

• heathen
    heathen

Jesus also gave signs and portents that people would know the time was drawing near . The WTBTS has been attempting to discern that as well , like when jesus used the fig tree as example . There were things that would take place that would indicate his presence. Nation would rise against nation , food shortages , earthquakes ..... yadda yadda in Mathew

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This always bugged me, even when I conducted the Revelation Book studies. { Rev 1.1}

A revelation by Jesus Christ which God gave him to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place.

Yes, like 2000 years later??

• Warlock
    Warlock

Come on, Blues, it's only been 2 days! By the way, how do you do the cut & paste in the yellow box thing?

Warlock

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

quote from an article i found online:

Jesus may not come for one hundred years, for five hundred years, for one thousand years. People often say, "Jesus is coming soon." That cannot be proven by Scripture. It is not what Jesus said. Jesus said, "Behold, I come quickly" (Rev. 22:7). We know Jesus will come suddenly. Whether He will come soon or late, we do not know. Whether He will come at evening or at midnight or at cock-crowing or in the morning, we do not know. Jesus said plainly that we are not to know. We are simply to wait. We are to expect His coming, to be ready for His coming and to be doing His blessed will in carrying the gospel to every creature but we do not know even the approximate time of His coming, nor of the end of this age.

Full Article

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit