"Hemophiliacs are like vampires!"

by rebel8 34 Replies latest watchtower medical

• jw
    jw
    Where did you get your medical degree? or medical licence? From a box of Cornflakes or Froot Loops?

So scully,

You can dish it out but ya can't take it when your wrong !

• jw
    jw
    Of course you would, JW. And you know why? Because you're a bloody idiot!!! That's why!

Let me see if I understand you all, It is not okay to refuse blood and it is well documented that all kinds of deseases have come about from accepting blood. But I am an idiot cause I choose to advise on something that is known to work. Go figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• rebel8
    rebel8
    proper vitamin A ( no Carrot stuff) dosage is 100,000 iu a day for 2 weeks then reduce it or stop all together if bleeding ceases.

And it will have an immediate effect.

No, it will not. My bone marrow does not produce enough clotting factor, and the factor it does produce is deformed. Vitamins cannot reprogram my bone marrow to produce quality cells.

As I said earlier, Vitamin A is a treatment for persons with bleeding disorders caused by, you guessed it, Vitamin A deficiency. I am not deficient in Vitamin A. Me trying to cure myself with Vitamin A is like using an antibiotic to cure a broken leg. I know you want there to be a quick, easy, no-blood fix, but there simply isn't one.

I too wish it was as easy as taking a vitamin, but it simply is not. Due to my upbringing, I spent most of my life in denial about these types of cures, which caused me to endanger my health. I was always disbelieving doctors about the need for blood products and searching for an easy cure that doesn't exist. I am committed to not doing that any more. I avoid products made from human donors whenever possible, and most of the time, it is. However, I will not put myself in harm's way. A loving God would not want me to die senselessly.

The ugly truth is that there are some circumstances in which blood products are necessary to preserve life.

In response to your comment about diseases........the product I take in emergencies is pasteurized and there have been no cases of infection associated with it in any country. Yes there have been infections associated with some blood products, however, most of them occurred a long time ago.........before pasteurization. Bloodborne infections still occur today in unpasteurized products, but they are less frequent today because there are tests and procedures in place to screen donors.

• Scully
    Scully

jw:

So scully,

You can dish it out but ya can't take it when your wrong !

rebel8 writes:

I too wish it was as easy as taking a vitamin, but it simply is not. Due to my upbringing, I spent most of my life in denial about these types of cures, which caused me to endanger my health. I was always disbelieving doctors about the need for blood products and searching for an easy cure that doesn't exist. I am committed to not doing that any more. I avoid products made from human donors whenever possible, and most of the time, it is. However, I will not put myself in harm's way. A loving God would not want me to die senselessly.

What was that you were saying, jw?

I'm sure you realize that it's foolhardy to recommend a treatment regimen to someone without knowing the details of their medical history - especially someone like rebel8 who knows her condition well enough to know that your suggestion needed to be dismissed outright. Next time you send me a PM attempting to "test" me, I will post it for everyone else to see.

• jw
    jw

Scully,

What do you put on the infants umbilical cord to have it fall off , infection free?

If a doctor tell you there is no cure for pneumonia if the regular course of antibiotics don't work, would you then concede to dying or try something known to cure pnuemonia you have not yet tried?

If you had an unsightly mole and you had no money to pay for an expensive removal treatment , what would you do, live with the mole , or try something known to work?

P.s. I know the cures, do you?

And many more!!!!!!!!!!!!! ***

• Scully
    Scully

jw

I already told you in PM that I am NOT going answer your questions, despite your attempt at ordering me to do so. Now stop derailing rebel8's topic with your crap and move along.

• jw
    jw

Scully, what are you afraid of ? ============================= Rebel Von Willebrand's disease is the most common bleeding disorder. Von Willebrand's affects women and men alike. The Center for Disease Control estimates that between 1% and 3% of the population of the United State is affected by von Willebrand's disease. The von Willebrand's factor is the factor of the blood system that protects factor VIII, ( the clotting factor). When people are deficient or missing the von Willebrand's factor, factor VIII can weaken and cannot perform its job of clotting blood. This means that when a person bleeds, they bleed longer because the factor VIII is not working properly.
    Von Willebrand's disease was discovered in 1925 by Erik von Willebrand's, who described a new type of bleeding disorder in the inhabitants of the Aland Islands. This bleeding disorder affected both men and women. The symptoms were usually mild bleeding from the nose, mouth and intestinal tract. Bruising (bleeding into the skin) is the most common problem with von Willebrand's patients, rather than bleeding into the joints and muscles that is associated with hemophilia patients. Vascular or pseudo hemophilia are older terms associated with von Willebrand's disease.
    With laboratory tests, von Willebrand's observed that his patients had an abnormality in blood platelet function. Platelets are "tiny plate-like" cell fragments that help to seal off injured blood vessels by forming aggregates or glue-like cellular plugs. Years later, it was observed that some patients with von Willebrand's disease also had low levels of factor VIII. We now know that their platelets don't behave normally because their plasma lacks von Willebrand's factor. Besides causing the platelets to adhere to damaged blood vessels, von Willebrand's factor serves as a carrier protein for plasma factor VIII. If a person lacks the carrier protein (von Willebrand's factor), factor VIII may be reduced. Together these two proteins are called the "factor VIII molecular complex" and the individual components are important to blood clotting (factor VIII) and platelet adhesion (von Willebrand's factor)
    Symptoms of bleeding disorders are: recurrent nosebleeds; easy bruising; heavy or prolonged menstrual flow; bleeding from the digestive tract or urinary tract; unusual bleeding from the mouth or gums. With severe forms of bleeding disorders; bleeding into joints, muscles and even the brain can occur. Bleeding can happen after a surgical procedure, and invasive dental procedure or an injury. It can also be spontaneous and can occur with no apparent cause.
    If you suspect that you have a bleeding disorder, you should consult with your doctor. Your doctor will refer you to a hematologist who has the expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of bleeding disorders.

I still say vitamin a treatment will help when the bleeding occurs. In addition to your current treatment.

• Scully
    Scully

Right now, I'm "afraid" that you're trying my patience. Just because you want me to answer your questions does not automatically require me to do so. If you don't "get that", and stop derailing rebel8's thread, then I'm "afraid" that your welcome here will be worn out.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

JW Unless you have some degree in medicine that we don't know about, it would be better to offer support instead of the medical advice you are doling out.

Over the last 100+ years the WTS has repeatedly published erroneous medical advice to JW and have caused the death of far too many people. The Awake! is NOT a medical journal and any information gleaned from it's pages is worth exactly what most people pay for it - nothing.

Now, if you are finished baiting Scully - who actually does know a thing or two about medicine, perhaps you can decide to offer your advice to JWs who might actually appreciate it even if it doesn't help them.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Rebel8--just wanted to say that I'm glad you are able to get the medical treatment you need. Don't listen to JW, he/she just wants to yank everyone's chain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit