Dr Phil - Mennonites/Hutterites - brainwashing

by Scully 24 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

You know what JW ?? You howled at all of us for no longer being JWs and that God was going to punish us and all kinds of other things and now you are all for this religions and its rights. Do you condem them or only exjws? Just wondering where your loyalities lay.

Funny thing Scully the other day I recieved my Copy of the "Plain Truth"magazine and would you believe that half the magazine is all about the Mennonites, Amish and Hutterites. It was some good reading.

I am not a big fan of Dr. Phil, so I didn't see that program it sounds like it was a good two shows, I am sure that the show will appear in re runs over the summer.

Orangefatcat

• jw
    jw

You know what JW ?? You howled at all of us for no longer being JWs and that God was going to punish us and all kinds of other things
    Really? umm copy that and post all that.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Regardless of how you feel about Jehovah's organization--the true religion, one thing for sure, you will not escape the Almighty Jehovah's judgement right along with Satan the devil and his destructive organization. How will you save yourself and those who follow you...? It's ashame that your energies could not be put to a more positive use. ...saving lives! Are you doing that now? ....Are you offering others hope?....direction? unity? Peace? Security? a futrue? The bible speaks about individuals like yourself--who would speak against God's people, but You cannot mock Jehovah, whatever you are sowing you will reap....if you don't believe in Jehovah...who do you pray to now? He only listens to those that are busy doing his will, not those that are looking to glorify themselves....you really are following in your fathers' footsteps--Satan, the devil. Your articles have a lot of material, however, you fail to have scriptural backup.....how true can it be....when not one scripture is sighted!

How is that JW.??
  • Twitch
    Twitch

Didn't see the show but had to comment on the brethren thing.

My father was born and raised Hutterite but left the colony when he was about 20. He maintained family ties and is not shunned. I spent a fair bit of time there as a kid and looking back, the similarities between them and the dub mindset and social engineering are apparent. Both are isolationist religion based communities that limit outside association and exposure to information. A very patriarchical community with clearly defined roles and responsibilities and a strong basis in their interpretation of the bible. Traditionally humble in attire and attitude, they pretty much keep to themselves and don't integrate. This and the fact of their communist approach to possessions and lifestyle is closer to Amish than Mennonite I would presume. Mennonites seem to have integrated more readily. The movie "The Village" reminded me of the dub connection obviously but also the Hutterite approach to it, a sort of mix of both those worlds.

I have know a few other Hutterite "runaways" who've left and made a life "outside". I have no doubts that they go through much the same as xdubs albeit as escapees of a somewhat less judgemental but no less unsupportive subsection of society. They are known to have their "apostafests" from time to time,...

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

That's remarkable. I was wondering about that, ex-jw's seem to carry the burden of the mind control in the lives for a while. I sometimes think that is because some of what they were taught still resonates with them. (I can see this in myself at times and have to reinterpret the trigger situation in my mind) I can see that the same phenomenon also exists with other Christian control groups. This would be a interesting psychological study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit