Thirty Years a Watchtower Slave, Abridged Version

by VM44 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• VM44
    VM44

Thirty Years a Watchtower Slave, by William Schnell, was publishied in the mid 1950s, and is still in print.

However, the version currently available is an abridged version of the book.

So one might wonder what was cut or removed from the orignial, and also why was it removed?

Anyone know?

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

Here is how the book is listed at Amazon. --VM44

Thirty Years a Watchtower Slave: The Confessions of a Converted Jehovah's Witness [ABRIDGED] (Paperback) by William J. Schnell

• hijack
    hijack

I thought there was a book called" 40 years a watchtower slave"

Never heard of the 30 year one

• RR
    RR

Actually, what you are referring to is the pro JW book; "40 years a slave of Jehovah" by Jeff Neumann.

The unabridged version of Schnell's book is still available. A few dollars on the abebooks.com website for an original copy!

RR

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Looking at the number of pages of the abridged version there's 214. My copy doesn't say abridged and has 224 pages but it's the same publisher, Baker Books, and it's the same size and I assume the same format. Mmm 10 pages missing...
    Having said that I was a bit disappointed by the book and I can't imagine what could be so inflammatory in it as to warrant being removed. There were some interesting passages but it doesn't compare with CoC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit